- Repetitive clicking of ballpoint pens or fingernails.
- False sincerity.
- People who try too hard. Painfully hard. Embarassingly hard.
- A clear, open voice in song.
- Ethan’s belly laugh.
- A soft breeze at night.
Least Favorite Sounds
- The alarm clock.
- My other alarm clock, Pablo, who goes off every morning at 7am.
- Other people’s cell phones.
All these things are so damned startling and disruptive to my pseudo-peace.
Favorite Flavors of Candy
- Cherry suckers.
Not a big candy fan — I prefer icing in a jar.
- Anything that deals with the Achilles’ tendon, or for that matter, anything that involves pain or breakage of the phalanges.
- Falling on my head.
- Overcoming procrastination.
- Sad attempts at optimism.
Favorite Department Stores
We’re avoiding department stores, so I’m filling in my own.
- Von’s Bookstore, a local joint that sells beads, books, jewelry, candles, gifts, cards, and has the best CD store that I’ve ever visited (even though I could kick any of their empolyees’ asses on music trivia).
- River Knits Yarns, my favorite place for S.E.X. (Stash Enchancing eXcursions).
- Sunspot Grocery, a local healthfood store that carries anything crunchy-granola-hippie one could ever want including organic produce in the dead of winter.
Most Often Used Words
- Fuck (in it’s many incarnations).
Favorite Pizza Toppings
- Fresh basil.
- Whole tomato slices.
- Olive oil.
I’m about to reveal myself as a food snob.
Favorite Cartoon Characters
- Betty Boop.
- Ren and Stimpy.
Um, I don’t really like cartoons at all.
Recently Viewed Movies
- Chuck & Buck.
If you haven’t seen “Chuck & Buck” go out and find it immediately. It’s disturbing and endearing, homoerotic and innocently virginal, funny and sad all at the same time.
- Fresh cantaloupe, the kind so juicy it runs down your chin.
- Pear (on a basalmic vinegar-dipped roast beef sandwich with Swiss cheese).
- Warm strawberries.
- Spaghetti squash.
- Crisp, uncut green beans.
Sometime in the next year I will cut back on the fluff and get back to more serious and/or editorial material, but hell, it’s vacation and I’ll blather if I want to.