Lauren founded this blog in 2001.

1. heather
    heather January 6, 2005 at 10:43 pm |

Mine is in the mail…tomorrow – I swear! I’ve had it burned and ready to go, but everything became hectic. I’m glad it wasn’t just me. I haven’t received a cd either.

My musical taste made a big transition over the years, separating my now alt country/folk/indie/etc style from my earlier shoegaze/indie/dreamer style. After contemplating how I should line the songs up for the mix, I eventually decided to split it down the middle. Each song is very close to me. I have listened to every pick 100 times, at the very least. And I have been playing the whole mix on my long drives to work for about a week now. I’m happy to say it turned out pretty swell.

1. ride – “in a different place”
    2. lush – “monochrome”
    3. red house painters – “medicine bottle”
    4. velocity girl – “my forgotten favorite”
    5. slowdive – “machine gun”
    6. dinosaur jr. – “freak scene”
    7. jesus and mary chain – “far gone and out”
    8. my bloody valentine – “when you sleep”
    9. bright eyes – “something vague”
    10. bonnie prince billy – “no such as what i want”
    11. smog – “riverguard”
    12. songs: ohia – “just be simple”
    13. nina nastasia – untitled from her peel sessions
    14. amalgamated sons of rest – “i will be good”
    15. smog – “held”
    16. magnolia electric co. – “leave the city” new live version
    17. Bonus Track (Because I haven’t had it long enough for it to have a place in my “life” cd) – staring at the sun (extended version from their ep)

I would like to note that I wanted to put some godspeed your black emporer on the mix, but ran out of space. Actually, there is a lot I left out. I’m sure I’m not alone in that problem.

2. Lorn
    Lorn January 7, 2005 at 12:58 am |

I got mine! “All my exes live in Plano, Texas” from Adrienne. It’s pretty fucking awesome. Good travelling CD- I took it up to Wisconsin with me over New Year’s.

3. Jane
    Jane January 7, 2005 at 10:02 am |

I got mine – amazing mix. I am delighted that a lot of it is new to me. Thanks Chicago Emily!

4. Roxanne
    Roxanne January 7, 2005 at 10:14 am |

I’m not sure if I got mine. I got a couple from the other thing we were doing, but I don’t think I got the Life one.

5. moonshower
    moonshower January 7, 2005 at 8:42 pm |

I received mine two days ago-two CDs (a daily mix and a life mix), and a bonus surprise of Jelly Bellies. A good way to finish a cruddy, snowy day.

6. Jerry
    Jerry January 8, 2005 at 12:18 am |

Wow. I can’t even tell what I am typing the text is so crazy small. Did you get the cd from me yet Lauren? You should have.

7. Lauren
    Lauren January 8, 2005 at 1:40 pm |

I sure did, Jerry, and it rocks. The picture on the front made my day.

8. Jerry
    Jerry January 8, 2005 at 5:44 pm |

Sweetness.

9. Sally
    Sally January 9, 2005 at 2:36 am |

I got mine yesterday, and it’s deeply fab. I’m giddy with glee. Incidentally, I never posted my songs. Here they are.

10. Adrienne
    Adrienne January 10, 2005 at 3:29 pm |

I sent mine and received mine, and it was great (though I’m blanking on who sent it to me at the moment). Lots of good tunes that I loved in my high school days.

11. Jason A Myers
    Jason A Myers January 13, 2005 at 7:07 am |

Life CD Swap
    Many people have recieved their life cd including the person I send mine too. She has posted her comment about the cds at feministe, which you can find on my blog roll. Many people has said their cd shipment has been delayed and I’m hoping that is t…