Snow

We rolled snow around the yard in near silence, asses in the air, rolling, rolling like arctic dung beetles and occasionally stopping for a mini-snowball fight. Include one pause to glare at a man trying to park in front of my driveway to save himself some time walking to the basketball game. Later, include a healthy dose of hot chocolate and what-will-we-have-for-dinner fantasies.

Meet Mister Snowman, as christened by Ethan. What you can’t tell from this picture is that this six-feet tall Mister Snowman took up nearly all the snow in my double lot, and even some scraped off the top of my hedges. Frugal and psychotic, we are.

8 comments for “Snow

1. eve
    January 9, 2005 at 2:54 pm

oooh ethan the snowman is fabulous! I miss snow!

2. January 9, 2005 at 4:16 pm

Excellent snowman. He reminds me a bit of the Calvin snowmen– I think it’s the shape and devious grin. :)

3. sid
    January 9, 2005 at 5:23 pm

There was something really lovely about the “arctic dungbeetles” sentence.

I want an academic asshat award, but I don’t think I’ve practiced enough academic asshatery. What to do….

4. January 9, 2005 at 6:19 pm

Yeah for Mr. Snowman. Ethan is very cute, especially when he’s being cheeky!

5. Pingback: Willow Tree
  6. January 10, 2005 at 11:15 am

wow. that is an impressive snowman. it almost makes me wish it would snow around here.

uhm, on 2nd thought, i’ll just live vicariously through you guys.

7. miss lori
    January 10, 2005 at 1:05 pm

didn’t notice until i saw the picture how odd the snowman looks….definately very calvin and hobbes! i thought it would have ended up more nightmare before christmas…maybe if we had made him even skinnier. ;)

8. January 12, 2005 at 5:17 pm

Delicious snowman. I made a snowdog in a nearby field and actually got one poodle to go over to investigate!