Author: has written 1251 posts for this blog.

Lauren founded this blog in 2001.
Return to: Homepage | Blog Index

6 Responses

1. feministe » Letter to the Editor Update

[...] Editor Update
    Filed under: Politics GLBT Issues — Lauren @ 10:23 am

My letter to the editor was printed today. Of course they w [...]

2. tas
    tas January 26, 2005 at 10:01 pm |

Nonsense, the letter is great. Sorry to hear about sleep and the need for glasses causing you pain, though. Perhaps you could ask Pablo for a couple napping lessons…?

3. VR
    VR January 27, 2005 at 11:59 am |

get your eyes checked by a ophthalmologist not just an optometrist. I just kept getting stronger and stronger glasses until I finally went to an actual ophthalogist only to find out I had glaucoma which was now end stage glaucoma meaning I lost the sight in one eye and it is touch and go as to whether drops will save my sight in the other eye.

4. sean
    sean January 27, 2005 at 12:20 pm |

I just read in my campus newspaper that the benefits that same-sex couples enjoyed before at my university, the domestic partner benefits, could be taken away because of the upcoming ban on gay marriage in Indiana. The article made me so sad, because they spent more time on what this preacher on my campus thought of gay marriage than they spent talking to the leader of the gay community at my college. They ended the article by saying that, “There is enough biblical evidence that God intended marriage to be between a man and a woman.” I read this on the bus in the company of many of my peers and suddenly felt very, very alone.

5. Linnaeus
    Linnaeus January 27, 2005 at 3:18 pm |

Great letter, and I think your argument is good one. If they’re not going to listen to philosophical arguments for civil equality for gays and lesbians, maybe they’ll consider that enshrined inequality leads to your state sinking deeper into the morass of the malfunctioning economy.

Not to be a grammar authoritarian, but “it’s” = “it is”. “Its” is the possessive of “it”, which is what you intended. You may now scold me for being overly nitpicky. :)

6. Lauren
    Lauren January 27, 2005 at 3:21 pm |

Stupid apostrophe. It’s either all or nothing with me and those damn things. Hopefully they’ll edit that one out.