I woke up ready to do some serious blogging and story writing on my day off, but the Flu Fairy visited my house overnight. To make my day even worse, well-meaning, sincere, clueless Kevin drums up the question again: Why the dearth of female political bloggers in the Ecosystem Top 100?
- Why, Kevin, you say that like you care!
- “Female political bloggers” assumes that the default blogger, or the default politico, is male. If women are add-ons in your eyes, you probably don’t take us too seriously. No? Your blogroll tells me so.
- The Ecosystem is highly flawed and based on whether or not a blogger and her comrades can all agree to link to one another. If the sisters link to the brothers and the brothers don’t link to the sisters, what kind of family is Liberalism? A one-sided, dysfunctional family, the kind where Dad burps and farts on the couch and asks for another beer while Mom gets frenzied over the applique details on a Spongebob costume the night before Halloween.
Judging from the frequency of conservative bloggers in the top 100, it appears that conservative bloggers have the “blogger family values” thing down pat.
The way Kevin repeatedly asks this question suggests distress over something or other, and I think the hint is in the question itself. He appears to be asking: Where are all the good female political bloggers (because I don’t see any)? Oh my, that is distressing.
In the meantime Kevin ponders the importance of political blogs, the answer to which lies directly in his navel right beyond the bellybutton lint.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Kos Gets Real by Lauren June 6, 2005
- Anti-Feminist News Coverage Is Bad For Your Health by zuzu March 28, 2007
- “Science” Confirms: I’m Female by zuzu December 28, 2006