Lauren founded this blog in 2001.

1. Roxanne
    Roxanne February 24, 2005 at 11:22 pm |

Well, I don’t know about you. But, I’m wondering about this “cutting” business and what it has to do with Christina Ricci.

2. norbizness
    norbizness February 24, 2005 at 11:48 pm |

Man, that mulleted Libertarian comic-con guy sure operates a lot of fake weblogs with a variety of female names! How does he find the timet?

3. amy
    amy February 25, 2005 at 10:16 am |

“in which he was defended as a victim of political correctness”

Oh god, I just love it when I have to ask someone, “could you please be a little bit considerate?” and they (with a backup chorus of half the nearby sheep) start yammering “political correctness police! I’m being abused by the political correctness police!” They wear this whine like a badge that waives all responsibility not to be an asshole.

ok. end rant.

Sorry if this is a duplicate, but just in case my email didn’t get through, I’m nuking my old blog, which you have listed as amy deferrari in your feminist blogs (much appreciated by the way). No hurry, but next time you’re updating, can you kill the link?

4. Majikthise
    Majikthise February 25, 2005 at 1:13 pm |

Not nihilists, nailists
    It’s estrogen week, so in lieu of the usual Bad Tattoos gallery, I give you Spirit Fingers on extreme nail art from Hong Kong. More images below the fold.

5. Nancy McClernan
    Nancy McClernan February 25, 2005 at 5:06 pm |

ok. end rant.
    ————————–

I TOTALLY agree!

And of course only liberals are called politically correct. But just try criticizing Christianity or the Catholic Church and watch the PC-killed-my-father patrol whine about your bigotry!

6. jam
    jam February 25, 2005 at 6:06 pm |

very interesting review of Million Dollar Baby that asks what this movie is teaching about being disabled…

7. Ilyka Damen
    Ilyka Damen February 25, 2005 at 6:24 pm |

Estrogen Week: Poor Larry Summers, Victim of Political Correctness
    Yes, yes: Poor Mr. Summers. Why, all he did in his talk about women in science and engineering was point out what everyone knows anyway: There may also be elements, by the way, of differing, there is some, particularly in…

8. Leila
    Leila February 26, 2005 at 2:51 pm |

Thanks so much for the link. I’m so happy so many people are visiting…I posted on “estrogen week” because chemotherapy knocks out my estrogen and I miss it. One of the drags about pre-menopausal breast cancer is that the treatment really screws up your hormones, and on purpose. 2 servings of tofu a day and no more are allowed to even out some of the effects.

Oh well, just glad to be alive. And thanks to feministe for such a great supportive women’s blog space.