If it’s Friday somewhere, it’s time for the Friday Random Ten.
Make sure your boss isn’t around, load up all your mp3s to your favorite player, and list the first ten that appear. Rock out in your cubicle and thank your higher-power-of-choice that it’s Friday. Fellow atheists, thank yourself for having the proverbial cajones to last another week of daily drudgery. Has it been that kind of week for anyone else?
1) The Cramps – All Women Are Bad (what a thing to post on a feminist blog. hm.)
2) Joan Jett – Wild Thing
3) Louis XIV – Finding Out True Love Is Blind
4) Reverend Horton Heat – D is for Dangerous
5) Pixies – There Goes My Gun
6) Erykah Badu – Bag Lady (Tricky remix)
7) Rappin’ 4-Tay – I’ll Be Around
8) Donovan – Wear Your Love Like Heaven
9) Princess Superstar – Fuck the Phone
10) The Blasters – Marie, Marie
And an extra: In honor of the lesson plan I am scheduled to teach tomorrow morning, here is a rather elegant recording of T.S. Eliot reading his famous poem “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock.” PC users, right click save as. You snobby Mac users do whatever it is you do.