Okay, I admit it. I occasionally edit out songs that make me cringe or induce a series of eye rolls. My FRT is more of a first-ten-songs-that-I-would-actually-listen-to list than a first-ten-songs list.
This week’s challenge: Impress us with your horrible taste.
If it’s Friday somewhere, it’s time for the Friday Random Ten. Fire up your mp3 players, load up your entire mp3 collection (even the bad stuff), and hit play. List the first ten that pump through your radio, radio. And this week, be honest.
1) Smoke City – With You
2) The Clash – Bankrobber
3) Jimi Hendrix – All Along the Watchtower
4) Trick Daddy – She Walla Walla
5) Gary Wright – Dream Weaver
6) Tom Petty – Last Dance With Mary Jane
7) The Stooges – My Girlfriend Hates My Heroin
8) The Alchemist ft. T.I. – Pimp Squad
9) Titanic Soundtrack – Piano Solo
10) Hooverphonic – 2wicky
See? That wasn’t so bad, just a few breakdowns with the Titanic business, pimp shit, and Gary Wright. Winamp is being kind today.
An additional five since we’re experimenting with honesty:
a) Diana Krall – I’ve Got You Under My Skin
b) Vybz Cartel – Up To Di Time
c) Peggy Lee – Fever
d) The Undertones – You’ve Got My Number (Why Don’t You Use It?)
e) The Libertines – Road to Ruin
Maybe I’ll try this truthfulness thing more often.