Happy Birthday, Bettie!

If it weren’t for Waveflux, I wouldn’t have known it was Bettie Page’s birthday.

Shame on me. After all, my haircut is based on hers.

Sexiest woman ever (aside from yours truly, of course).

Okay, picture edited because the original posted may be Shirley MacLaine and I’m too tired to find out.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Happy Birthday, Bettie!

1. Dylan says:

I. Love. Bettie. Page.

That is all.

2. Ryan says:

My girlfriend found a DVD in the “Adult Audiences” section of Borders that has a bunch of shorts with Bettie Page in some bondage scenes. It’s actually more silly than extreme, and if you can get past the cheesy burlesque tunes, it can be quite entertaining.

I don’t think we’re going to be watching it frequently, so I could probably talk her into lending it to you, Lauren. By the way, the tag line is “a kinky look at Betty (sic) Page from both sides of the lash”.

3. Brandon says:

Isnt that picture Shirley MacLaine?;-)

4. Lauren says:

If it’s MacLaine I’ll eat my own toenail clippings.

5. The Heretik says:

I would say she could beat the devil out of me anytime, but in a family friendly post Janet Jackson boob kind of way. Or not.

6. Tapir says:

At least according to the Bettie Page Shrine (to which Waveflux links), that original picture was indeed Bettie. So please don’t eat your own toenails, Lauren!

7. Amanda says:

My bangs, after I butchered them, finally grew out and now no longer look like Page’s and look more like they were meant to in the first place–like Chrissie Hynde’s.

8. Thomas says:

This is why it’s tough to have heroes. Page moved back to Kingsport, Tenn. She refuses interview requests and rejects association with the community that, in many ways, grew out of Irving Klaw’s work with her. There are rumors she’s an evangelical.

Put her in the Norma McCorvey camp.