Jill has been blogging for Feministe since 2005.

1. Dylan
    Dylan May 12, 2005 at 12:53 am |

Looking forward to your posts, Jill!

2. Elayne Riggs
    Elayne Riggs May 12, 2005 at 5:52 am |

Looking forward to reading you here, Jill (and to meeting you sometime soon – after all, we’re both here in NYC)!

3. Joel
    Joel May 12, 2005 at 8:52 am |

Welcome Jill: And good luck.

4. Heliologue
    Heliologue May 12, 2005 at 9:44 am |

Willkommen!

5. Kim Wells
    Kim Wells May 12, 2005 at 9:57 am |

I agree with you on the “Everybody Loves Raymond” thing– I always respond “I don’t love him! So not everybody!!” :) But I disagree about Aerosmith. So I can see that I will have to watch you very carefully– you will be right and wrong. :)

Really. What’s there not to like about Aerosmith? ;)

6. randomliberal/Robert
    randomliberal/Robert May 12, 2005 at 10:35 am |

Welcome, welcome. Two. Two bloggers, ah, ah, ah.

I’m with Jill on Aerosmith. They were fairly good back in the day, but they’ve more than overstayed their welcome. They should have retired just after re-mixing “Walk This Way” with Run DMC.

7. The Heretik
    The Heretik May 12, 2005 at 10:43 am |

Welcome dog loving Jill!

8. janet
    janet May 12, 2005 at 11:21 am |

Welcome, and good luck. And I just want to say that I totally support you on the donut thing.

9. jackie
    jackie May 12, 2005 at 11:42 am |

who doesn’t like donuts?!?! other than janet and jill, that is?

this is such a great idea, I’m so excited to read the upcoming genius here.

but seriously, reinvestigate donuts. not even a good glazed Krispy Kreme?

10. Pen-Elayne on the Web
    Pen-Elayne on the Web May 12, 2005 at 12:17 pm |

Maintenance Notes

As Jill Filipovic announced today, she’ll be shutting down Third Wave Agenda to join Lauren as the official Feministe co-blogger.

11. Roxanne
    Roxanne May 12, 2005 at 1:21 pm |

Welcome Aboard!

12. Jessica
    Jessica May 12, 2005 at 2:51 pm |

Yay Jill! Two of my fave bloggers in one place…love it.

13. janet
    janet May 12, 2005 at 11:02 pm |

Aak! No, not the glazed ones! Sorry, but the only kind I can eat are the “plain old fashioned” ones.

I have a theory about something I call “the sweet hierarchy.” I believe that every person has one, but each person’s is unique. Basically, when it comes to eating sweets, each of us has a fairly stable hierarchy of what to eat if you have a choice. At the top of my sweet hierarchy is bittersweet or semisweet chocolate. Then ice cream (almost any kind, except if it contains foreign objects such as pretzels or raw cookie dough). Then fruit pastries (apple pie, etc.). Then eclairs. Donuts are near the bottom, and at the very bottom — candy corn.

14. The Liberal Avenger
    The Liberal Avenger May 13, 2005 at 8:09 am |

I consider you to be my “blogging sister,” Jill. Congratulations!

15. Chris T.
    Chris T. May 13, 2005 at 7:14 pm |

Welcome! I read Third World Agenda with pleasure the last few months and look forward to seeing your posts over here. :-)

16. Ryan
    Ryan May 14, 2005 at 3:34 am |

I’m a regular commenter here, and I feel a bit shamed for not welcoming you sooner, Jill.

I’ve actually authored (offered?) a few posts here. If you’d like the links, just email me.

From the tone and subject matter of your first couple posts, I’m really looking forward to what you have to say. Pull no punches!

17. Linnaeus
    Linnaeus May 22, 2005 at 2:35 pm |

Back after a month in Philadelphia.

Greetings, Jill, from Seattle. If you’re a New Yorker at heart, that’s cool…more room for me here in the Emerald City! :)

18. Linnaeus
    Linnaeus May 22, 2005 at 2:37 pm |

And as for doughnuts, too bad you don’t like them since you will be denying yourself the sublime pleasure of eating paczki.