First, Carl’s Jr turns out an ad featuring an animated baby in utero (and I say “baby” because this thing looks more like a three-month-old than a fetus or even a newborn) mouthing off to mama because she’s eating a spicy burger.
Now, it’s bikini-clad Paris Hilton washing a Bentley and eating a burger.
“We liken our advertising to more of what the beer brands do,” said Brad Haley, evp of marketing at Carl’s Jr. (which targets men 18-34) in an interview with Brandweek earlier this year. “There’s a lot of male attitude, personality and edge. Sometimes sex appeal enters into it on occasion. It’s something younger guys are interested in.”
Beer ads. Now there’s something to imitate.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Clarification by Lauren June 10, 2005
- Because Feminists Invented Sex, Celebrity, Bratty Kids and Dirty Dancing by zuzu February 13, 2007
- NYC Museum Recommendation: Munch at the MoMA by Jill March 7, 2006
- Fetal Pain Is a Myth by Lauren August 24, 2005
- Choice for the Kids by Jill April 24, 2006