Buddies

Two days after Doug came home, he and Pablo became great buddies. They do everything together. Here they are spreading cat food around the kitchen together.

This morning they shredded a whole roll of toilet paper in the living room. Thanks, guys! Glad you’re such great friends!

But whatever they do together, Pablo is still convinced that Doug is absolutely, certifiably batshit crazy. After he annhilated a great deal of yarn I was using for a scarf, I’m fairly sure he is, too.

Doug v. Pen. Just once I’d like to see the pen win.

8 comments for “Buddies

1. May 20, 2005 at 3:30 pm

Aren’t two cats better than one? Doug seems like a real cutie.

2. May 20, 2005 at 4:05 pm

You’ll find that though they are louder, with two entertaining each other, they petition you for attention less. Before you know it, you’ll be getting pictures like this, I bet.

3. May 20, 2005 at 4:28 pm

I see Doug is not yet in that cat basket. I got two cats, two dogs, two teens: the six pack of the apocalypse. Stop by for a virtual beverage. Or some catnip.

4. May 20, 2005 at 4:47 pm

Do either of your cats have that little trick of picking up the dry cat food in their mouths and depositing it in on the floor before eating it? I’ve seen my youngest one do that; he’ll literally spew a mouthful of dry food out just inches away from the bowl (which presumably isn’t good enough for eating out of).

5. May 20, 2005 at 5:10 pm

Trina, Doug gets a mouthful and then shakes his head, spewing pellets all over the place. Pablo just drags it out of the bowl and bats it around the kitchen.

I never have to tell E to stop playing with his food, but the cats? Goddamn.

6. May 21, 2005 at 8:15 am

Trina, your cat probably has sensitive whiskers. If you put the food on a plate, or in a shallow bowl, he might not take it out and drop it on the floor. I read that somewhere…something about the side of the bowl rubbing against their whiskers and tickling them.

Lauren: Holy Cow! The size differential between those cats! Looks like a “before” and “after” picture. How long do you think it will be before ol’ Doug beefs up to Pablo size?

7. May 21, 2005 at 1:47 pm

He probably never will–Pablo looks like he has Maine coon in him, and those are some enormous cats.

8. May 21, 2005 at 4:39 pm

Lubu: Pablo is significantly larger than a large lap dog and if he didn’t have his stomach problems, would probably be 18-20 lbs. He’s a big boy.

Doug has large paws, so I imagine he’ll be a big cat, but not nearly as large as Pablo.