If One Believes in Binaries

Your Political Profile

Overall: 10% Conservative, 90% Liberal
Social Issues: 0% Conservative, 100% Liberal
Personal Responsibility: 0% Conservative, 100% Liberal
Fiscal Issues: 0% Conservative, 100% Liberal
Ethics: 0% Conservative, 100% Liberal
Defense and Crime: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal

Have a quiz, it’s good for you.

It has been a busy day at our house and will be a busy evening. The most exciting news today is that we picked our first strawberry off the plant in the backyard, and absolutely nothing compares to a sun-warmed, vine-ripened strawberry.

Ethan, I’m proud to say, was impressed.

10 comments for “If One Believes in Binaries

1. janet
    May 26, 2005 at 5:47 pm

Here’s what I got:

I’m also 100% pro-strawberry.

2. janet
    May 26, 2005 at 5:49 pm

Arrgh. The stupid tags didn’t work.

And the person who wrote that test didn’t proofread it very well. Ah, the net.

3. May 26, 2005 at 5:57 pm

I’m Overall: 10% Conservative, 90% Liberal

Personal Responsibility: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal

huh? where did that 25% come from? I need to retake the quiz. The teacher is punishing me just because I’m mostly liberal.

4. May 26, 2005 at 6:55 pm

Wow… I was 100% liberal and 0% conservative on everything.

5. May 26, 2005 at 8:29 pm

Well, I got a 95% liberal, but…

what a poorly constructed quiz. What if you don’t think gun ownership is dangerous or sketchy really, but also don’t see it as a sign of any particular preparedness for self-defense that a non gun owner somehow doesn’t have? Dumb question. Also, what if you think that there really are too manyplea bargains and loose interpretations of the law, but think of that as a transgression committed on the law-enforcement side more often than the defense side (which the question didn’t specify), and also think that the rights of prisoners aren’t considered enough? And what exactly did that question about luck mean, anyway?

I know, it’s just a dumb internet quiz. Sorry if I ruined it for anyone…

6. matt
    May 26, 2005 at 10:26 pm

I didn’t really like that quiz, it was far too black and white on some rather gray areas. Social Security can only be fixed by charging the rich more or it’s transfer account. Sorry, not flying. They could’ve had 3 or 4 choices to at least approximate the illusion of moderation.

7. May 26, 2005 at 11:12 pm

I still think that the Political Compass is a more fair evaluation.

8. May 27, 2005 at 11:02 am

55% Conservative 45% Liberal.

Wasn’t comfortable with the choices. Two questions the choices were such I couldn’t answer at all.

9. Pingback: Abnormal Interests
  10. May 27, 2005 at 3:35 pm

I got exactly the same thing you did in all categories. Help, silly internet quiz is draining me of my individuality!