I’ve never done this before, but I figure, as long as I’m here, might as well jump on the cool weekly things that Lauren does… so here goes. But let me give a little disclaimer: I am not cool. Seriously. Right now, my two favorite songs are “Lonely” by Akon and the new Mariah Carey ballad. I don’t listen to cool bands that you’ve never heard of. In fact, I probably listen to the exact same music as your dad, if, in addition to dad music like Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones, your dad also listens to a lot of Ani Difranco and really mainstream hip-hop. So please, don’t think less of me when my ten random songs are totally lame… I like them, but as stated, I am totally uncool.
1. Missy Elliot – I’m Really Hot
2. Jay-Z and Pharell – Frontin’
3. Ben Harper – In Your Eyes (live acoustic)
4. Ani Difranco and Bob Dylan – Most of the Time
5. Mindy Smith – One Moment More
6. Tom Petty – You Got Lucky
7. John Legend – Ordinary People
8. Rolling Stones – The Last Time
9. Tori Amos – Precious Things
10. Ray LaMontagne – Jolene
So this serves as pretty clear evidence that I need to update my music collection. Dang.