FRT and Cat Blogging

I could absolutely kill Doug. He’s a sweet little kitty whenever I’m around, but as soon as I go to sleep or leave the house, even for five minutes, something gets torn to shreds.

Today’s victim was a $7 ball of nice cotton yarn that I was to sell in a group of yarn on eBay. I came home from class to find it trailing from the kitchen counter into the deep, dark depths of the basement, covered in hair and grime.

The kitty is nowhere to be found. Lucky for him. There are no pictures this week, or you’d see a lovely shot of me throttling a kitten. That would be bad for my image, no?

Friday Random Ten – The “Cat May Be Satan Spawn” Edition

1. Of Montreal – The Party’s Crashing Us
  2. Martha Wainwright – It’s Over
  3. Donovan – Get Thy Bearings
    (This one has been on the list several times lately)
  4. The Icicles – You’re Just About My Everything
  5. Iron and Wine – Woman King
  6. Firewater – Mr. Cardiac
  7. Edwyn Collins – A Girl Like You
  8. Devo – Mongoloid
  9. Aimee Mann – It’s Not
  10. The Church – Under the Milky Way

Due to some rather personal events that occurred this week, I’ll be taking some time away from the blog. Look out for Jill and pass her some heady comments.

10 comments for “FRT and Cat Blogging

1. haydn60
    May 27, 2005 at 12:42 pm

We Are the Clash – Sparks
    Downsizing Rhumba – RIAA
    I Don’t Understand [live] – Wire
    Photomusik – Ryuichi Sakamoto
    Dark Side of the Mushroom – The Chocolate Watchband
    Sweat – Shizuo
    Boat-Woman-Song – Holger Czukay
    Big Mess [demo] – Devo
    WEILL: Nanna’s Lied – Angelina Réaux
    Satellite Mouse – Tony Villa, the Singing Inventor

2. May 27, 2005 at 1:07 pm

I got some Aimee Mann too. Hopefully it’s a sign of overall increasing Aimee Mann-ness in the universe, which will be a general improvement.

So here’s the Friday Random Ten, manic phase:

Rush- A passage to Bangkok. written when drug use wasn’t considered anti social.
    Aimee Mann – That’s Just What You Are. A critically underrated artist.
    Husker Du – Powerline
    Violent Femmes – Confessions (demo)
    Alice in Chains – Nothin Song
    Todd Rundgren – Time Stood Still
    Tom Waits – Big in Japan
    The Soft Boys – Strange. Underwater Moonlight is a masterpiece.
    The Futureheads – Meantime. Good new band with an early 80’s feel.
    David Bowie – Suffragette City. A classic whose older stuff is aging very well.

3. May 27, 2005 at 1:09 pm

You are the queen of being derailed by personal events. Hope everything is okay.

4. May 27, 2005 at 2:02 pm

Lauren,

I can never do one of these top 10 lists. My mind is always too static.

But, I love your selection of Aimee Mann’s It’s Not. What a great song. Her new album rocks, but 2002’s Lost in Space is still my favorite.

Likewise, how nice it is to see someone else who’s given Martha Wainwright a listen. Seems her brother isn’t the only one in the family who can break away from the shadow of father Loudon.

5. May 27, 2005 at 3:07 pm

I hope things work out, Lauren. And my FRT will be tracking back shortly.

6. May 27, 2005 at 3:38 pm

1. The Battle of Aughrim: Tulla Ceili Band
    2. There She Goes Again: Velvet Underground
    3. Niteclub: Old 97s
    4. 10 Dollar: M.I.A.
    5. Shake Your Rump: Beastie Boys
    6. Spancillhill: Christy Moore
    7. Love Hater: Outkast
    8. Central Reservation: Beth Orton
    9. Shiver and Shake: The Cure
    10. I’m not Down: The Clash

7. Pingback: The Long Cut
  8. May 27, 2005 at 3:46 pm

The Happy Blogiversary to Me (Tomorrow) edition

1. “Everybody Knows This is Nowhere” Neil Young from Everybody Knows This is Nowhere
    2. “Hold On” David Gray from Lost Songs
    3. “After Yesterday” John Gorka from After Yesterday
    4. “Answering Bell” Ryan Adams from Gold
    5. “Misery & Happiness” Susan Werner from New Non-Fiction
    6. “Bean Time” Leo Kottke from Live
    7. “The New Kid” Old 97s from Drag it Up
    8. “Closer to You” Carrie Newcomer from My Father’s Only Son
    9. “A Bend in the River” Mark Erelli from Hillbilly Pilgrim
    10. “America” Simon and Garfunkel from The Best Of

9. May 27, 2005 at 10:26 pm

Lauren, I’m sorry, but I’m afraid that there’s only room for one spawn-of-Satan cat, and that’s my very own Hobbes. Pictures to come at some point or another on my own blog.

In FRT news, I’m out of town, and therefore not on my own computer, so I can’t participate this week. :(

I also hope that all works out this week.

10. Pingback: The Phnom Penh