Well this is an interesting phenomenon. A growing number of surrogate mothers are helping same-sex couples (usually gay men, which would make sense) start families. I think it’s great — just as I think surrogate parenting is a pretty good thing to begin with. And this article serves as a reminder that same-sex couples with families already exist. As the same-sex marriage decision in Mass pointed out, children who are already part of a family headed by a same-sex couple aren’t afforded the same benefits under the law as children whose parents are allowed to be legally married. So in “defending marriage,” anti-same sex marriage advocates are actually harming families. Imagine that.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- New Jersey Supreme Court Rules on Same-Sex Marriage by evil fizz October 25, 2006
- Minister Found Not Guilty of Misconduct For Officiating at Same-Sex Unions by zuzu March 4, 2006
- A Simple Question: by Jill June 1, 2006
- Why have referendums on basic rights? by Jill November 4, 2009
- Nancy Goldstein: Old Married Lady by zuzu May 22, 2007