I find it funny just how much I enjoy science blogs, especially since I can’t grasp the basic rules of science. Nonetheless, this is one reason why the sciences appeal to me so much: Becoming Orgasmic — A Chat With the Director of the Kinsey Institute, Dr. Julia R. Heiman.
It is surprising that the same kinds of arguments are made even though they don’t hold water. The same kinds of accusations are made about what is good and bad about sex research even though we need to know more for everybody’s sexual health to have a society that works well in this area. We’re not very good in that in the United States. We have a very high teen pregnancy rate. We’ve got a relatively high STD rate even though it has dropped a lot. These things shouldn’t be happening in an industrialized country that has good information available to it. That those messages that would protect people don’t have an easy forum can be frustrating
Read the rest for an engaging discussion on sexuality and sexual behavior wordwide.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Teens get money for college if they don’t get pregnant by Jill November 5, 2009
- Sex Ed for the Stroller Set by Jill November 17, 2005
- Getting Around by Jill May 14, 2006
- Teen Pregnancy Rate Drops by Jill September 16, 2005
- College Life: One Big Sex Carnival by Jill August 14, 2005