What caused the rampant sexual abuse in the Catholic church? Why, academics, liberals, and “the culture,” of course! That’s according to Sen. Rick Santorum, at least.
It is startling that those in the media and academia appear most disturbed by this aberrant behavior, since they have zealously promoted moral relativism by sanctioning “private” moral matters such as alternative lifestyles. Priests, like all of us, are affected by culture. When the culture is sick, every element in it becomes infected. While it is no excuse for this scandal, it is no surprise that Boston, a seat of academic, political and cultural liberalism in America, lies at the center of the storm.
I love it when those good ole “personal responsibility” conservatives blame “the culture” (read: liberals, feminists, gays, “the media,” and, apparently, people who read books) for the actions of individuals.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Philosophy, liberalism, and race: Falguni A. Sheth in the NYT by EG February 28, 2015
- Wherein A Young Anti-Choicer Explains Abortion by Jill January 27, 2006
- Scott Writes a Post So I Don’t Have To by zuzu September 13, 2006
- Now I’m Really Confused by Jill September 14, 2006
- Feminists Are Wrong Because They’re Ugly by Jill April 2, 2006