A Call for Dude Bloggers

I know there must be some dudes out there that blog, but I can’t think of any. If you can think of any blogs written by people with external gonads, please leave them in the comments.

I know the call for dude bloggers may seem silly or sexist, but it’s the chromosomes that count, not the content.

This entry was posted in Blogging, Gender and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to A Call for Dude Bloggers

1. Ryan says:

I don’t know whether to be outraged or insulted: I can’t think of any either.

What were we talking about, again?

2. Dylan says:

Well, there’s me, but I’m a little girly, so I don’t know if I count.

3. Palmer says:

OK, I’ll bite: powervoyeur.blogspot.com

4. norbizness says:

None immediately spring to mind, I think they’re all off playing frog baseball or something.

5. Ryan says:

Got one: Jesus’ General.

And there’s always this classic: Libertarian Girl.

6. Lauren says:

Thanks, Palmer. I’ll check it out.

And for the record I’m being incredibly sarcastic.

7. Shelley says:

Ryan: It’s people like you who manage to convince the rest of the world that dudes have no sense of humor.

Which is a real shame, since you’re pretty plainly not representative.

8. Lauren says:

Holy shit, Shelley. What the fuck happened to KD?

9. becky says:

hmmm…I don’t think there are any dude bloggers. I guess they just aren’t interested in important shit.

10. Ryan says:

Drum…. What a pisser.

For the record, Lauren, I knew you were joking.

XY until I die! (…literally…)

11. Terrance says:

Dude? Yeah, I guess I count! Whadaya need?

12. Well, there are at least two here, IIRC. I also have Buzz, George in Denver, Mikerzz, Jack, Walter, and Craig. I apologize if you already have these guys, or if their blogging style is not what you’re looking for, but you did say that content doesn’t matter. :)

13. bitchphd says:

Like I said at Twisty’s,

WTF is going on? Your site, this Australian guy, PZ Myers, Kevin Drum (again, le sigh), I had a troll at my place (who I played ban-ip-spoof-ip with for a while, but I deleted all but his first three comments b/c I’m a bitch like that)….

Was there some kind of action alert sent out to the International Order of Assholes this weekend or something?

14. foresmac says:

I just checked, and sure enough I’ve got external gonads. Huh, who woulda thunk? And oddly enough, someone with your exact name and URL posts comments on my blog all the time.

So, if you feel like reading it, take a look at: http://www.chrisforesman.com/effect/. Hope you’re having a good Sunday. And if you feel up for some karaoke, DJ the KJ is at the Linwood Tavern tonight from 8p-12a.

15. PZ Myers says:

External gonads? Eww, ick. I keep mine tucked away neatly in an elegant pouch, I’ll have you know.

16. Heliologue says:

Is the only qualification for this recommendation that the blogger is, for all intents and purposes, a man? Is there supposed to be a definite spectrum of content or anything?

17. Chris Clarke says:

PZ, if a scrotum is your idea of what constitutes elegance, then I want someone else to decorate the gym for the class reunion. Just sayin’.

18. Chris Clarke says:

Holy shit, Shelley. What the fuck happened to KD?

Can’t load the linked pages. I think you just Slashdotted poor KD, Lauren.

19. Amanda says:

Apparently, I’m a dude, since dudes are all unemotional, hate shopping, and are good at tests and shit. I double checked and I still have the vagina, but the overwhelming anti-shopping, pro-standardized tests demonstrates that actual sex aside, I’m a dude. What to do?

20. Amanda says:

All kidding aside, my co-blogger appears to be a man. Put him in the good boys column. Alongside Chris, PZ, and Ross.

21. Ryan says:

You’ve out-duded me. Except for external genitalia and secondary sexual organs, but I’m still crossing my fingers that I’ll turn out to be more punk than you. Anyway.

I’ve been meaning to comment on the math-shirt thing that you cross posted on LA. I thought back to all the female math profs that I’d had and realized that they’d be much better mathematicians if they’d just get uglier.

22. Pingback: Ilyka Damen

23. Are dudes allowed to have blogs? They usually don’t do well in English classes. Let me know if you find one.

24. Chris Patil says:

Blogging is women’s work. :-)

25. Mark says:

Hiya, well there is Tas at Loaded Mouth. :D

26. Masculiste says:

Me, Silly Seattle, Dogsnot Diaries, Angry Harry, Stupid Evil Bastard, Gonzo’s Bar & Go-Go Grill, People Who Deserve a Beatdown, Fulltime Fathers, Rather Good .com, Manpower, Men’s Activism, etc. etc.

I’ve got a bunch listed under my favorites.

27. PZ Myers says:

C’mon, Chris, imagine the alternative. Without a scrotum, you’d have a pair of pink ovoids dangling by their epididymi–very uncool. Embryonically, it’s derived from the same tissue as the female labia, and you probably aren’t going to diss labia. Are you some kind of sexist? Support all gender-differentiated tissue!

28. other Ryan says:

Like I’ve said before, I tend to think of myself as a cultural lesbian… does being a wanna be lesbian discount my gonads?

29. Lauren says:

Michael, you tease me. ;)

30. Chris Clarke says:

Embryonically, the pancreas and the liver are derived from the same tissue, but I’m not about to go into a deli and order a plate of chopped chicken pancreas.

31. Hey, there’s nothing wrong with men not being interested in blogging. I mean, wouldn’t it be a boring world if everyone liked the same things? They just have other things they’d rather do, like taking out the trash and mowing the lawn. I think men might actually be smarter not to waste their time on these windy intellectual debates.

32. mikey says:

i have a whole collection of honky dude bloggers linked at my blog, michaelphillips.blogspot.

33. other Ryan says:

what’s it for, what’s it for?

34. Well, there is my blog. But it doesn’t get updated very much, because the idiot external-gonad-having creature who runs the thing is a) very disorganized and b) doesn’t like to blog about the same stuff everyone else blogs about, and is too lazy to do independent research very often.

And yes, Robert is talking about himself in the 3rd person. He also appears to have used a run-on sentence in the previous paragraph. His X chromosome guarantees that he will suck at English; he apologizes for it.

35. Mandos says:

I’m actually an ethereal being with immense powers from slightly after the beginning of time, but I’m presently making use of a male human form, and Tolkien gave me a masculine persona.

36. Gina says:

Dusty Scott – a male from Atlanta, GA

37. dude says:

I like to let my gonads relax on a chaise lounge when I blog.

38. Ron Sullivan says:

…imagine the alternative

How can you guys look at a mandrill and not feel all monotone and inadequate?

39. TimT says:

A call for dude bloggers?

*scratches head*

Um …well, there is this one, but I’m not all that sure whether it is a guy. What guy would have a pink blog?

40. TimT says:

OH! You’re being sarcastic?

But wait a minute… are you being sarcastic or non-sarcastic when you say you’re being sarcastic?

Oh, I’m just so incredibly confused!

41. Sarah says:

If you mean “dude” as in “hot guy” bloggers, I’d like to know what you find out…

42. drublood says:

I don’t know what you are talking about, Lauren. There’s no such thing as men or women on the internet. It’s a totally gender/color/class-blind safe place, and no one knows or cares whether you are normal, black, female, or poor.

43. Linnaeus says:

Biology might be something to brush up on; you meant your Y chromosome, no? :)

44. Dude bloggers, let’s see (scratches head). Well, other than my husband, I guess I can think of a couple: http://frumpyprofessor.blogspot.com, http://boifromtroy.com/, and then http://mennoknight.blogspot.com/ has one XY among its two bloggers. Guy bloggers don’t blog as much about politics as we do, though; if you look at the latest posts in the blogs I suggested, you’ll see a lot of stuff about pipe smoking, football, and how long you have to wait to get food. Still, they’re not bad bloggers, for dudes.

45. Pingback: BlogBites

46. RAMMER says:

Hi. I am a guy. Now that we’ve met, can you get me a beer from the fridge?

47. Lauren says:

Rammer, we don’t drink beer. But I can hook you up with a nice daquiri. Umbrella?

48. Wordlackey says:

As usual I’m a little slow at following up on this thread. I’m nominally a guy, dude, male, man, etc. I’ll volunteer for whatever this is about. I was once the only man in a feminist editorial collective publishing my college’s newspaper.

Q:- What does a man do in a feminist collective?
    A: Makes coffee.

That’s a joke but my innate male curiosity is piqued…