The worst storm in our history proved perfect for exposing this president because in one big blast it illuminated all his failings: the rampant cronyism, the empty sloganeering of “compassionate conservatism,” the lack of concern for the “underprivileged” his mother condescended to at the Astrodome, the reckless lack of planning for all government operations except tax cuts, the use of spin and photo-ops to camouflage failure and to substitute for action.
(Disclaimer: the site is a joke. It’s also obviously anti-racist, but I suspect that some people may be a little too slow to catch on, so please, no one flip out.)
- “Women and Trans” Health Care Really Ought to Mean It by Holly June 27, 2009
- Considering the Toothless Firefly, Among Other Things by Lauren July 31, 2008
- Purging the Poor by Jill September 22, 2005
- New Orleans police enforce the “no poor folk in NOLA” rule by kactus December 21, 2007
- But I Thought Liberals Were a Big Bunch of Hedonists! by zuzu February 28, 2006