Ruth Bader Ginsberg does not want to be the only female justice on the Supreme Court. But, she says, “Any woman will not do.”
There are “some women who might be appointed who would not advance human rights or women’s rights,” Ginsburg told those gathered at the New York City Bar Association…Ginsburg stressed that the president should appoint a “fine jurist,” adding that there are many women who fit that mold.
“I have a list of highly qualified women, but the president has not consulted me,” Ginsburg said during a brief interview Wednesday night.
Other women’s rights leaders floated names on qualified moderate jurists. I’m not holding my breath.
Hey, maybe when Jill gets through law school…
Related Reading: Et Tu, Patrick?
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Women in Law by Jill October 21, 2005
- When the world seems lousy, remember that Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has a Dissenting Collar by Caperton March 13, 2015
- In Memory: Constance Baker Motley by Jill September 30, 2005
- Sonia Sotomayor nominated for the Supreme Court by Holly May 26, 2009
- Solomon Goes on Trial by Jill December 6, 2005