From an email I got today:
Are you a woman who has had an abortion?
You are not alone and your story is important.
We are editing a book about abortion and we want to hear your story.
BEYOND CHOICE: VOICES OF REAL WOMEN is not a political treatise and we do not have an agenda. We simply want the voices of real women who have had abortions to be heard. Beyond Choice will be published by a major U.S. publisher and will focus on the experience of abortion: what leads women to consider abortion, what it’s like to have one, and how it factors into real, lived lives. We are women united by only one act: we had an abortion. Beyond Choice will include voices of women who vote republican and democrat, women who are young and old, rich and poor, women who are married and single, gay and straight, women who are religious and secular, and women who condemn and are not ashamed of their experiences. You do not have to be a gifted writer to share your story. Send a 2-15 page essay told in your own words, along with your name or a fake name (if you’d prefer to remain anonymous) and an e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2005. Everyone who submits an essay will be considered for inclusion in this important book.
It looks like it’ll be a good project. I’ll post more info if I get any.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Do You Meet the Criteria? by Jill September 19, 2006
- Are We Inadvertently Conceding Moral Ground? The Importance of Language Choices in the Reproductive Justice Movement by Guest Blogger March 10, 2014
- After-Abortion e-Cards by Jill March 13, 2007
- Wendy Davis and supporters shout down Texas abortion bill by Caperton June 26, 2013
- Abortion Rights in Mexico by Jill April 15, 2007