Lauren founded this blog in 2001.

1. OGeorge
    OGeorge October 11, 2005 at 6:15 pm |

While Doug may indeed be a “spotted asshole”, I was told that somewhere in print you recently said you adore ME! I can’t believe that myself, but I did illustrate (badly…no time and the printer was cheap) one of the books you have on your wish list. I’ve got a number of copies if you’d like one.

2. Catherine
    Catherine October 11, 2005 at 7:26 pm |

It was bound to happen since yahoo! owns flickr.

3. Amanda
    Amanda October 11, 2005 at 9:24 pm |

If you bleach that asshole properly, you can get the spots right out.

4. Auguste
    Auguste October 11, 2005 at 10:03 pm |

Does anyone know how to clean beer out of a laptop keyboard?

5. Chris Clarke
    Chris Clarke October 11, 2005 at 10:17 pm |

Yes. You’ll need a new laptop and more beer, though.

6. Jill
    Jill October 11, 2005 at 10:25 pm | *

I spilled beer on my computer once. I mopped up the beer, turned the keyboard upside down over a paper towel so that the rest of the beer went away, and shut it down for like 8 hours. When I turned it back on, the beer had dried and it was a-ok.

You could always take the computer apart and try and dry it from the inside, but I don’t know if that’s a good idea or not.

7. Auguste
    Auguste October 11, 2005 at 11:10 pm |

The last time I took a computer apart and tried to put it back together, it tried to kill Richard Pryor and take over the world.

8. Chris Clarke
    Chris Clarke October 11, 2005 at 11:53 pm |

Dude. I totally said “we’ll install FreeBSD,” not “kill the tall freebaser.”

9. Auguste
    Auguste October 12, 2005 at 12:32 am |

You almost made me ruin another one, Chris. I’m gonna have to spray these things with scotchgard.

10. Lauren
    Lauren October 12, 2005 at 12:36 am |

Amanda, I totally set that one up for you and didn’t realize it.

11. Auguste
    Auguste October 12, 2005 at 12:57 am |

Lauren, it could have been worse.

12. Amanda
    Amanda October 12, 2005 at 6:20 am |

I’d say I’ll be here all night but I popped that one off and went to bed.

13. Nicolas
    Nicolas October 12, 2005 at 12:15 pm |

Doug probably don’t mind being appreciated worldwide. Limecat does though.