So Bad

theory slut
You are a Theory Slut. The true elite of the
postmodernists, you collect avant-garde
Indonesian hiphop compilations and eat journal
articles for breakfast. You positively live
for theory. It really doesn’t matter what
kind, as long as the words are big and the
paragraph breaks few and far between.

What kind of postmodernist are you!?
brought to you by Quizilla

via Rana, the revisionist historian

This entry was posted in General and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to So Bad

1. Amanda says:

Yep, theory slut. Eerie.

2. Lauren says:

Why, Amanda, we were separated at birth. Like Patty and Cathy Lane.

3. Amanda says:

I suppose I’m the flaky one, then. I’m off to start my rock band!

4. Lauren says:

Goddammit, why do I always have to be the domesticate?

5. Robert says:

Because of the vagina. Neener, neener, etc.

6. B Moe says:

It says I am “just not post-modern”, is that a bad thing?

7. Chris Clarke says:

Grassroots Activist.

We are, of course, shocked.

8. This quiz is rated M, Mature, because it contains content that is unsuitable for those under 18 years of age.

Damn feminists, trying to lure me into viewing objectionable material with strong language and adult themes. Fucking temptresses is what you are, with your knee-high boots and jiggily stories.

9. EricP says:

“You are just Not Postmodern.” I guess I’m just too boring. I have fantasies of being not boring though;).

I guess after many years in a relationship, owning a business, a house and two, pain in the ass, dogs together, I should just ditch the bitch be more more postmodern!

10. Mark says:

I am not postmodern too…

there is irony in Reality TV? ;)

11. dr. b. says:

They got you right! Now I am disturbed that the theory slut is the Asian dominatrix type. Ummmmm…. I got the Gender Nazi.

12. Linnaeus says:

I got Theory Slut, too. That’s strange, because in my field, Americanists are considered to be theory-impoverished.

I’m not a “pure” Americanist, though, so maybe that explains it.

13. KnifeGhost says:

Theory slut….

*shrug* I’ve never been convinced that the divisions between so called “post-modernism” and “critical modernism” and blah blah and whatever are all that meaningful. The urge to draw lines in history obscures the contested and diverse opinions and outlooks that exist within all time periods, and so on.

Which I suppose is a fairly post-modern opinion. *shrug*

14. Sally says:

Gender Nazi. My boundary-crossing lifestyle inspires awe in my friends and colleagues. Which is funny, because I’m really not particularly prone to cross gender boundaries. I’m pretty femme-y, actually.

15. OT: a bustier *and* a bra? WTF?

16. Pingback: UnSpecified Chatter » Me, A Tortured Conceptual Artist, Go Figure

17. Jedmunds says:

I think I’ll be declaring war on Quizilla sometime soon.

18. Heliologue says:

Tortured conceptual artist? Hmm, I find the very idea of this meme to be counterintuitive. ¡Viva la Derrida!

19. Pingback: Dr. B.'s Blog

20. Tapetum says:

Another Gender Nazi here.

21. says:

Grad Student Deconstructs Take-Out Menu

Realizing he hadn’t eaten since lunch, the Ph.D candidate picked up the Burrito Bandito menu. Before he could decide on an order, he instinctively reduced the flyer to a set of shifting, mutable interpretations informed by the set of ideological biases—cultural, racial, economic, and political—that infect all ethnographic and commercial “histories.”

22. Pingback: The Republic of T.

23. OHNOES says:

Theory Slut? Ouch, sorry. Maybe modern science will put out a pill to fix that in our lifetimes. ;)

Whether you harbor some vestige of modernist morality or simply fail to see the irony in Reality TV, one thing is clear. You are just Not Postmodern.

24. Sina says:

Should I be more disturbed by the Gender “Nazi” category that I pulled, or by our Asian goth girl who stands in for the Theory “Slut”? I can’t decide. Like how I can’t decide between the tattoos on one and the haircut on the other. Stupid binary-logic phallogocentrism.

25. Ha-ha…I’m “revisionist historian.” That’s a hoot!

26. Joel Sax says: