She’s A Man!

Like I need yet another test telling me how unfeminine I am.

Masculine
You scored 76 masculinity and 43 femininity!
You scored high on masculinity and low on femininity. You have a traditionally masculine personality.

My test tracked 2 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

free online dating free online dating
You scored higher than 84% on masculinity
free online dating free online dating
You scored higher than 10% on femininity

Link: The Bem Sex Role Inventory Test written by weirdscience on Ok Cupid, home of the 32-Type Dating Test

52 comments for “She’s A Man!

1. Ledasmom
    December 9, 2005 at 4:46 pm

60 and 26, so I’m less of a man than you and also less of a woman, which explains why I’ve become transparent.

2. ratan
    December 9, 2005 at 4:47 pm

Oh fuck. I scored 46 masculinity and 50 femininity! Heh ;)

3. December 9, 2005 at 5:05 pm

Hmm… I scored 40 masculinity and 80 femininity… I “have a traditionally feminine personality.”

No this doesn’t make me insecure about my “manhood”.

Well… time to hit the bar and hit on the first breathing female I can find! :D

4. randomliberal/Robert
    December 9, 2005 at 5:07 pm

53 masculinity, 60something femininity.

I’m Androgynous. Also tired and buzzing on the caffeine, so I don’t know how reliable that is.

5. mothworm
    December 9, 2005 at 5:09 pm

“You scored 43 masculinity and 73 femininity!”

I’m a guy.

I also tried out The gender test on Sparknotes. It was 4% certain I was a guy. How reassuring.

At least the sparknotes test lets you pick which monkey will win in a fight.

6. December 9, 2005 at 5:16 pm

Proud to say I scored 50/50 on this test of gender sterotypes.

7. EricP
    December 9, 2005 at 5:19 pm

It is funny, I assumed based on my answers the questions, it would come back that I was a woman living as a man but what can I say…

You scored higher than 96% on masculinity
    You scored higher than 4% on femininity

8. December 9, 2005 at 5:25 pm

Oh! Does this mean the 64% feminine equals 135 pounds?

Hey, girl, (Lauren) you need to soften up some!!

9. December 9, 2005 at 5:30 pm

I am extremely dudely: 93 masculine and 36 feminine. I guess that comes from not doing my female duty and using my uterus to procreate, or something.

10. December 9, 2005 at 5:47 pm

60/46. I feel pretty manly.

11. EricP
    December 9, 2005 at 5:50 pm

So far I’m the most man here! Of course since most of you are women…..

12. December 9, 2005 at 6:06 pm

that was entertaining.. now i know that everyone whom ever said it, was right: Androgynous (76/60 masc/fem).

13. December 9, 2005 at 6:22 pm

Androgynous
    You scored 63 masculinity and 60 femininity!

I feally expected to be higher on the masculine. How this affects my credentials to teach men’s studies, I don’t know.

14. Linnaeus
    December 9, 2005 at 6:44 pm

30 masculinity
    63 femininity

Which makes me feminine. Hmm….is this the right time to crack that silly and hackneyed joke of being a lesbian trapped in a man’s body?

15. oudemia
    December 9, 2005 at 6:48 pm

What a weird test. I’m nothing. I’m “Pat.”
    20% Masc. vs. 36% Fem.

16. December 9, 2005 at 6:52 pm

70 masculine, 43 feminine. As I figured, I’m a man. With a cunt.

Which of course is exactly the opposite of what the wingers always say I am.

17. December 9, 2005 at 7:02 pm

You scored 63 masculinity and 36 femininity!

Hmm, you beat me in both of those. Should I send you my cock ring?

18. December 9, 2005 at 7:05 pm

[deleted]

19. December 9, 2005 at 7:12 pm

I don’t FEEL androgynous.

This test is biased and sexist and offensive! I am going to go cry.

20. Julie
    December 9, 2005 at 7:18 pm

Feminine
    You scored 36 masculinity and 60 femininity!
    You scored high on femininity and low on masculinity. You have a traditionally feminine personality.

Not surprising to me, really. I sort of figured that’s how it would come back.

21. December 9, 2005 at 7:19 pm

[deleted]

That’s a new one.

22. EricP
    December 9, 2005 at 7:26 pm

Is it just me or are most of the men scoring lower or at best equal on the masculinity score than the women? Guys are becoming chicks and chicks are becoming guys. Androgyny!

23. December 9, 2005 at 7:30 pm

You scored 66 masculinity and 63 femininity!

You scored high on both masculinity and femininity. You have a strong personality exhibiting characteristics of both traditional sex roles.

Androgynous

The test says the variables include one’s own gender and age.

My best guess is the test designers have designated certain traits “feminine/masculine” and while there are significant differences between the genders, I do not believe character traits, such as leadership, are gender specific.

24. December 9, 2005 at 7:31 pm

I’m androgynous, 50 masculinity and 60 femininity. I’m surprised I came up as feminine as that; I feel more evenly split.

25. EricP
    December 9, 2005 at 7:37 pm

[deleted]

Does that mean that Lauren deleted the post? I’ve never seen that before. David Thompson you must have been very very bad.

26. EricP
    December 9, 2005 at 7:39 pm

Robert Says:
    I don’t FEEL androgynous.

This test is biased and sexist and offensive! I am going to go cry.

I’m Canadian and more masculine than you – so much the American male, cry and cry hard;-).

27. David Thompson
    December 9, 2005 at 7:48 pm

David Thompson you must have been very very bad.

I’m not bad. I’m just drawn that way.

28. Sniper
    December 9, 2005 at 7:52 pm

56 masculine, 53 feminine…

And yet, I look down and see something completely different.

29. December 9, 2005 at 8:03 pm

I’m Canadian and more masculine than you

See, these two phrases just don’t work together in a sentence. No Canadian can be more masculine than someone from a real country.

The test obviously scanned your IP address as being Canadian and filtered your results appropriately. You’re more masculine than 96% of other Canadian men – but still much less macho than, say, a pigtailed skirt-wearing American kindergardener. Yeah, that’s the ticket.

There, that will let me sleep through the night.

30. December 9, 2005 at 8:05 pm

I’d guess it’s that the test scores “independence” and “outspoken” (along with others) as strong masculine characteristics. And this batch of women probably is pretty darn independent and outspoken.

31. December 9, 2005 at 8:11 pm

I think the term should be Alpha gender, not masculine…stoopid sexist catagorizing of people…I like to walk on the sidewalk nearest the curb with new guys just to see if they squirm…

You scored 86 masculinity and 56 femininity!

32. KnifeGhost
    December 9, 2005 at 8:23 pm

Androgynous
    You scored 63 masculinity and 66 femininity!

Hellz yeah.

Although I could claim that the test is biased — usually I come up about 75% woman on tests like this. I’m pretty proud of it, actually.

33. suezboo
    December 9, 2005 at 8:38 pm

Jeese. Im so Butch !

My breakdown was like 70 masculine, 30 feminine, but where they compare your results to your demographic, I was higher than 1% of females. I feel so – ballsy.

34. December 9, 2005 at 9:00 pm

But Lauren, you’re so dainty. These tests can’t be right.

35. EricP
    December 9, 2005 at 9:38 pm

There, that will let me sleep through the night.

Robert now you are acting like a lefty. Attacking those presenting facts contrary to your ideology. You are acting like a KOS-child.

How are you going to sleep? ;-)

36. December 9, 2005 at 10:23 pm

How are you going to sleep?

On my side, with a bottle of gin on the nightstand and a baseball bat (for beating inconvenient Canucks) beneath my pillow.

37. December 9, 2005 at 10:43 pm

Androgynous, too. 86% masculine, 64% feminine. Or something like that.

38. December 9, 2005 at 10:48 pm

Masculine
    You scored 83 masculinity and 46 femininity!

(I’m female – but not at all surprised)

39. Tex
    December 9, 2005 at 11:11 pm

53M/63F. They called me adrogynous. Guess this means I can in good faith start calling myself a latin@.

40. Sarah
    December 9, 2005 at 11:15 pm

You scored higher than 53% on masculinity

You scored higher than 1% on femininity
    I think I beat everyone on low femininity scores…

41. December 9, 2005 at 11:26 pm

I’m androgynous. 86 Masculine, 64 Feminine. I guess being polite and respecting others is some sort of girlie thing…

42. December 9, 2005 at 11:51 pm

Undifferentiated
    You scored 43 masculinity and 46 femininity!
    You scored low on both masculinity and femininity. Your personality includes characteristics of both traditional sex roles, but your gender is not strongly defined

43. Bertson
    December 10, 2005 at 12:17 am

I got Undifferentiated as well. I guess that means the same thing as Androgynous, but without any personality.

44. December 10, 2005 at 12:47 am

I came up androgynous, with a 96% masculinity and 37% feminity. Must be mellowing with age (I’m 53), as I can assure you I would have been more masculine in my earlier years (laughs).

45. December 10, 2005 at 1:55 am

I do not believe character traits, such as leadership, are gender specific.

Thank you, Darleen. I’ll second that, and it makes me feel much better about my scores now.
    (83/30, higher than 91% m, higher than 1% f.)
    Bah! :’-(

46. December 10, 2005 at 2:32 am

Feminine: 43 masculinity and 66 femininity

One in another line of girlie men.

47. December 10, 2005 at 10:46 am

73 masculinity 58 femininty.. Thats it. I’m going to see Broke Back Mountain!

48. December 10, 2005 at 12:27 pm

66 Masc and 63 Fem–right in the androgynous range.

49. karpad
    December 10, 2005 at 6:22 pm

I scored 80 masculinity and 50 femininity!

they say androgynous. which I wouldn’t mind nearly so damn much if the picture wasn’t from The Matrix.

50. ownwomon
    December 11, 2005 at 2:02 am

Traditional, schmaditional. Probably why I identify as androgynous
    in the 1st place ;-) Fairly transparent multiple choice yet right on for me…

You scored 56 masculinity and 53 femininity!

51. r4d20
    December 11, 2005 at 8:19 pm

Who is that dude?

I’m a dude who got a masculine score but I guess I’m not man enough to know “Da Man”.

52. Ron O.
    December 12, 2005 at 12:12 pm

Androgynous – approx 80% masculine, 60% masculine. No surprise there. I’ve known that since I was 15. But then androgyny was the thing to do in the 80s.

PS – Lauren, You’re a handsome man!