Don’t Get Me Started

Actually, there’s a secret code to my blog posts that helps me keep track of my menstrual cycles.

Sigh. Sigh again.

Of the 400 biggest blogs observed, segmented by seven (nonexclusive) categories, political blogs were the most popular, followed by “hipster” lifestyle blogs, tech blogs, and blogs authored by women. [followed by media, personal and business blogs.]

One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just doesn’t belong.

This entry was posted in Blogging, Gender and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Don’t Get Me Started

1. mikez says:

It’s the “hipster” blogs, right? That category can’t exist since blogging is an a priori un-hip activity.

kidding. jeebus, their cluelessness is boundless.

2. Roxanne says:

I thought the recent Pew study had put an end to all this. Happy New Year!

3. Kristjan Wager says:

But we all know that blogs authored by women are not real blogs.

4. binky says:

And there is no way that any of us have political, hipster or tech blogs and we aaaallll just have our little womanly spaces.

5. Lauren says:

Roxanne, the one that says that men use the internet to “find information” and women use it to “communicate?”

I can never remember which crap study is which. This one was done for Gawker’s benefit. No wonder so much heed was taken to include “hipster” blogs.

6. ilyka says:

Yep. And I expect no better from Denton, but what I really love is that Six Apart was the other sponsor. Thanks, Mena; you may take your place in the “businesses run by women” category now.

7. Magnus Malmborn says:

Sigh, this reminds me of “Pearl Harbor”, on which a friend commented that they had squeezed in three heroes-a man, a woman and a black. I’m actually a bit surprized they didn’t add a “black” category to this study… it would have made sense in a twisted way-women, blacks and people.

Nah, it’s time for bed. Good night ladies and bloggers. ;)

8. Kiva Oraibi says:

One wonders if the lack of “blogs authored by men” means that the majority of blogs out there are actually written by women.

No, of course it doesn’t mean that!

It means Men Are The Default, Women Are The Exceptions. (Which is damned insulting.)

Otherwise there would be a “blogs written by men” category which is just as popular as the blogs written by women! If not moreso!

9. marjani says:

And as one of my professors were say, black women of course just don’t get a category.