Oh My

Sure this isn’t scientific, but this MSNBC poll has some surprising numbers:

Do you believe President Bush’s actions justify impeachment? 182894 responses

Yes, between the secret spying, the deceptions leading to war and more, there is plenty to justify putting him on trial.
86%

No, like any president, he has made a few missteps, but nothing approaching “high crimes and misdemeanors.”

No, the man has done absolutely nothing wrong. Impeachment would just be a political lynching.

I don’t know.

The poll is still open.

9 comments for “Oh My

1. December 31, 2005 at 12:09 pm

Also pretty interesting since poll bombing goes on — but on both sides of the issue. Either Freepers, etc. haven’t bombed this poll or people are abstaining. I’m to cynical today to believe that conservatives would actually vote yes.

2. BrianD
    December 31, 2005 at 2:01 pm

About a week ago, this poll was linked to by Atrios, Americablog, and a rec. diary on Daily Kos, which probably explains the 86%.

3. December 31, 2005 at 2:54 pm

Nice. Now all we have to do is take back the house and start the impeachment!!

4. January 1, 2006 at 3:51 am

Wow, that’s incredibly lopsided. I’m not surprised, quite frankly, at how overwhelming the results are, however.

5. Harrison
    January 2, 2006 at 2:18 am

(sarcasm on) Ah, but obviously, this poll was commissioned by the Evil Liberal Conspiracy! If they’d polled Real Americans, there would have been nothing but praise for our Commander-In Chief. This poll only helps the Terrorists and discourages Our Troops. It’s like all this criticism about the domestic spying. Why, I for one am comforted knowing the NSA is monitoring our phone calls and e-mail, ready to pounce on any suspected Terrorists. Only by surrendering our First Amendment rights to our government can we demonstrate to the Terrorists how devoted we are to advancing the cause of freedom and democracy! (sarcasm off)

6. January 2, 2006 at 2:43 am

So harrison, you’re so invested in the notion that your side of the argument is being unfairly criticized by us reactionary Amerikuh-lovers, that when you actually encounter no criticism at all, you have to make some up?

7. Harrison
    January 2, 2006 at 4:17 am

Yes, that must be it. I’m just being paranoid. It certainly couldn’t be that I’m sick of the constant carping by the Administration and its allies that any dissent is tantamount to treason…

8. January 2, 2006 at 5:21 am

I think we have different understandings of the word “constant”.

9. B Moe
    January 2, 2006 at 4:28 pm

As well as the word “any”.