Just things I’m going to do this year whether it kills me or not. I repeat, these are not resolutions.
1. Apply to grad school (literacy, digital rhet, or ed tech?).
2. Grow my bangs out.
3. Get a fucking job, hippie. Preferably within the next two weeks.
4. Write at least one short story.
5. Plant a better garden.
6. Figure out this gardening crap, even though I can’t keep a plant alive.
7. Finish knitting a sweater.
8. Finish knitting a pair of socks. That means two socks, not quitting after one.
9. Remember to tell E to practice piano close to daily.
10. Continue to cut out all of my negative influences.
11. Call my friends more.
12. Go out more. Quit being a hermit.
13. Get a wine rack and fill it with yummy special occasion reds.
14. Get off of my ass every now and again and do something resembling exercise.
16. Get rid of the ugly shrubs in my front yard.
17. Get rid of the grapes in the arbor and put in a perennial flower vine.
18. Do the dishes before I run out of forks.
19. One word: Ukelele.
And this is how I spent my New Year’s Eve:
Watching these guys go crazy over their new scratching kitty thingie. Catfight!