Final Call for Carnival of the Feminists 7

I’ve received a slew of links already, but this is your final call!

Nominate yourself or someone else for CF7 by sending an email with links to web[at]feministe[dot]us with the subject line “Carnival of the Feminists.”

Submissions must be in by 7am EST Monday morning for the round-up on January 18th. Posts must have been written in the time since the last carnival.

The suggested topic for this carnival is feminism and pop culture.

As I mentioned before, several people have emailed asking me to clarify this theme and my answer has been the same: gimme what you got. Give me an essay on feminist representations in pop culture or feminist critiques of pop culture, about comic books, music, pop art, television, movies, anything. This theme is vague on purpose.

This one will be good, folks. I can’t wait.

7 comments for “Final Call for Carnival of the Feminists 7

1. nerdlet
    January 14, 2006 at 9:18 pm

Oh, god. It’s going to be 95% Buffy, isn’t it?

2. January 14, 2006 at 9:20 pm

Negative. But if it were I’d probably get congratulatory nookie from my Buffy-obsessed significant other.

3. EricP
    January 14, 2006 at 9:53 pm

If you can handle all the libertarians dropping by don’t forget to email instapundit. He has linked to feminist carnivals before and he can give you a ton of traffic. You might want to try selling some more ads in preparation since I hear carnivals can go nuts with the right “marketing”. See ADVICE TO BLOG CARNIVAL ORGANIZERS for some great info.

4. January 14, 2006 at 10:35 pm

My post is still in the “beta stage,” Lauren, but I hope to get it posted tomorrow! I hope you received my two nominations for this one.

5. January 15, 2006 at 12:15 am

Oh, wow, I thought it was midnight on Saturday night! Wow. Well, I already sent you some stuff anyway.

6. January 17, 2006 at 3:20 am

D’oh! I missed it. I wanted to get my burlesque (critique) blog in there. Gah.

Looking forward to it!