If you can stomach it, Media Matters has a look back at the fawning coverage of Commander Codpiece’s “Mission Accomplished” flight-deck moment. It includes this gem from G. Gordon Liddy:
MATTHEWS: What do you make of this broadside against the USS Abraham Lincoln and its chief visitor last week?
LIDDY: Well, I — in the first place, I think it’s envy. I mean, after all, Al Gore had to go get some woman to tell him how to be a man. And here comes George Bush. You know, he’s in his flight suit, he’s striding across the deck, and he’s wearing his parachute harness, you know — and I’ve worn those because I parachute — and it makes the best of his manly characteristic. You go run those — run that stuff again of him walking across there with the parachute. He has just won every woman’s vote in the United States of America. You know, all those women who say size doesn’t count — they’re all liars. Check that out. I hope the Democrats keep ratting on him and all of this stuff so that they keep showing that tape.
Remember, folks: Clenis bad, Manly Characteristic good.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Quote of the Day by Jill September 4, 2007
- Turdblossom Strikes Again? by zuzu March 28, 2006
- Because He’s the Decider, That’s Why by zuzu July 18, 2006
- Mo, you aren’t helping. by Jill September 9, 2007
- No, thank you, George W. Bush, for making us all less safe by Jill September 24, 2006