Sleeping Pose

I am a pinching koala and tree!
Find your own pose!

Interesting…

Pinching Koala and Tree Traits and Tendencies:
Pinching Koala and Tree couples experience a kind of super symbiosis that other sorts of couples (especially vegan couples) only dream of. The harmony that comes from this kind of pairing would be revolting if it weren’t so inspirational, which is why Pinching Koalas and Trees are often surrounded by friends and would-be friends, and their schedules are often booked months in advance.

Comfort Zone:
Pinching Koala and Tree is one of the Wind sleepers poses. Other Wind poses you might explore include Softserve Swirl and Fireman’s Carry.

Note:
Koalas make for excellent lawyers and flea market bargainers, thanks to their characteristic tenaciousness.

via Fever to Tell, whose most recent post on Becker, Posner and income inequality I would very highly recommend.

Jill has been blogging for Feministe since 2005.

1. evil_fizz
    evil_fizz April 29, 2006 at 5:09 pm |

What on earth does “softserve swirl” look like?

2. Tapetum
    Tapetum April 29, 2006 at 5:19 pm |

No clue, but it’s one of the other poses suggested that we should try. We came out Excalibur, which is also a wind pose. Odd that Pinching Koala and Tree isn’t recommended to Excalibur, or vice versa, but the Softserve Swirl is recommended to both.

3. Lauren
    Lauren April 29, 2006 at 6:06 pm |

Do they have one for people who thrash all night, talk in their sleep, jerk around, and hit their sleeping partners? That’s me.

4. Amanda Marcotte
    Amanda Marcotte April 29, 2006 at 7:13 pm |

What about people who sleep in different postures according to how hot it is?

5. michael
    michael April 29, 2006 at 9:22 pm |

I found the quiz to be shockingly accurate. As did my lovers. How do they do it!

6. mikey
    mikey April 29, 2006 at 9:37 pm |

I have no idea where “Michael” came from. I think it was pre-entered. Probably from a time when I had some ambition to a name that symbolized maturity and distinction, instead of familiarity and mischief. But familiarity and mischief have gotten me this far (whatever that means).

Shakira is amazing. Thinking about this any further will disturb criminal law review.

Can’t think of a smooth way to end this comment that does not further the meme discussion,
    Mikey

7. C.C.
    C.C. April 30, 2006 at 1:34 pm |

A-MAZ-ing quiz….freakishly accurate! Btw, I’m an excalibur.

8. Erin M
    Erin M April 30, 2006 at 2:14 pm |

I must protest the heteronormativity of the couples in these pictures!

(What? That was last week? Crap.)

I can’t vouch for the accuracy since I’m unpartnered, but I will admit I didn’t understand about half those questions.

9. Arianna
    Arianna April 30, 2006 at 2:24 pm |

That is weirdly accurate!

Apparently, I’m a Tandem Cyclist, which is how I sleep about 90% of the time, though my partner and I tend to cuddle in the Pinching Koala and Tree position.

10. Unwilling Self-Negation » Belated Saturday Blogstroll

[...] word?). Steve wonders if you need God to have hope. Jill provides a way to figure out your sleeping pose. House Negro talks about Papua and Australia. Exoti [...]