You may recall that a couple of months ago, Holy Joe Lieberman said that he supported Catholic hospitals in their resistance to providing Plan B to rape victims because, well, Connecticut’s not a big state, and it’s not all that far to a non-Catholic hospital.
But how to get there?
Well Joe, that’s not very helpful. I mean, I know that you’ll never need emergency contraception at two o’clock in the morning after having been brutally raped. So I guess it’s easy for you to disregard any woman who is unlucky enough to have gone through that trauma.
But here’s a suggestion: Why don’t you provide maps for the victims, so they can walk out of the Emergency Rooms of the various Catholic hospitals around the state, hail a cab, and take that “short ride” to another hospital?
You know what, Joe?
I’ll do it.
And knowing how difficult it is to even GET a cab at 2AM, I’ll include the distance between the hospitals, in case the victims have to walk (or crawl) there.
So here ya go, Joe. Just print these out and send them to the Catholic hospitals Emergency Rooms. (Of course, we all know they wouldn’t even give them to the victims, but it can’t hurt to try…)
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- On Being a Breed Mare by Lauren April 29, 2005
- The 11th Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Give Healthcare to the Women-folk by Jill September 4, 2007
- Rape survivor jailed, denied EC by Jill January 30, 2007
- On Being a Breed Mare, Part II by Lauren May 1, 2005
- The Nutmeg State Does Right by Women by bean May 17, 2007