Iocaste, guest-blogging over at Lawyers, Guns and Money while Scott swans around Paris, has a terrific post up about a recent 11th Circuit Court of Appeals decision affirming a lower-court opinion declining to extend trade-dress protection to the Hooters Girls because they’re functional, not symbolic.
What that means, essentially, is that they’re the product. Hooters is selling sexual titillation, not crummy food.
Read the whole thing.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Guns, Race and Abortion by Jill March 8, 2010
- Gun Proponents Take Aim at Domestic Violence Survivors by Jill June 30, 2010
- This is just a very good plan from the NRA to prevent further mass shootings. by Jill December 21, 2012
- “Revenge” shootings in Santa Barbara by tigtog May 24, 2014
- “This way of thinking reflects ancient notions about women’s place… under the Constitution — ideas that have long since been discredited.” by Jill August 7, 2007