Updates

Exhasted as hell and stuffed with chicken and waffles. Went to Blogher with no computer and took notes analog. Met bazillions of people, took lots of great notes. Will update after I get home and rest on the mothership.

Also, there are apparently pictures of me everywhere. Although it appears that I willingly posed for these photos, I will have you know they were taken upon threat of death and/or flamewar.

23 comments for “Updates

1. July 30, 2006 at 3:36 am

Is it just me, or are you pissed in the picture?

Just sayin’

2. matt
    July 30, 2006 at 6:21 am

Chicken and waffles…okay this is the second time I have heard of this in the past 3 days. Is that actually a good mix? How can this be?!

3. Linnaeus
    July 30, 2006 at 10:26 am

Mmm…waffles.

4. ilyka
    July 30, 2006 at 10:35 am

Is that actually a good mix?

Roscoe’s in LA specializes in chicken and waffles. They go better together than you might think. Is there some place like that up north too, then?

As for how it can be good, that’s easy. You’ve got fried chicken, and you’ve got waffles.

5. SJ
    July 30, 2006 at 10:53 am

Hi, it was fantastic to meet you! I wish we could have had more time to talk.

6. July 30, 2006 at 11:01 am

I know that’s a cigarette in your hand, but what’s the other thing? Pretzel or stick?

I eagerly await your recap.

7. July 30, 2006 at 11:10 am

Make one of those cartoon flipbooks to illustrate your wild Silicon Valley ride!

8. July 30, 2006 at 12:10 pm

Anne, that other thing is a piece of chicken jerky that belongs to Zeke.

Or a waffle. I forget.

9. zuzu
    July 30, 2006 at 1:22 pm

Mmm, chicken jerky and waffles!

10. July 30, 2006 at 2:46 pm

Is it just me, or are you pissed in the picture?

Okay, this is weird—when I went to NYC and Lindsay put a picture up of me listening to someone (I think Zuzu actually) talking, people claimed I looked “pissed”, too. What is it with people immediately assuming that unless you’ve got a vacant grin on your face, you must be angry?

I kid. I actually know. It’s pure sexism, much like people passing you on the sidewalk and instructing you to smile.

11. July 30, 2006 at 3:10 pm

I’ve lived very near to the Pasadena Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles, and haven’t been once. The fact that I don’t eat either chicken or waffles alone might have something to do with the fact that I have little interest in seeing them combined.

On the other hand, lest you think I boast of my virtue, I’ve had four cups of coffee today.

Eager for Lauren’s Blogher report!

12. Linnaeus
    July 30, 2006 at 4:06 pm

It’s not just a matter grin vs. no grin, but the intensity of of the expression, and other aspects of the face that can lead someone to get the impression that one is angry, annoyed, etc. That doesn’t mean you actually are, of course, but I think it’s an understandable conclusion to draw.

I’m not ready to buy the sexism explanation in this particular case; I think we’ve all had moments of “boy, you look pissed in this picture” before. I know I certainly have.

13. July 30, 2006 at 4:21 pm

I’m sorry, I was refering to the shadowing in the picture on Lauren’s face. Did you have bad shadows in your picture too?

Anyway, thanks for reading way to much into a bad joke. :P

14. July 30, 2006 at 7:00 pm

I always look pissed in photos.

15. Marksman2000
    July 30, 2006 at 8:08 pm

I don’t understand why Lauren sweats over pictures being taken of her. She’s not recognizable. I mean in every photo I’ve seen she looks different than the woman I saw in the last pic. I think homegirl’s sitting at the house doctoring those shots with Photoshop and then intentionally releasing them. No one knows she looks like. She uses technology to behave like a shapeshifter, a doppleganger. Careful! Bush may make that illegal soon.

16. July 30, 2006 at 8:14 pm

I always look pissed in photos.

Sorry, I’m getting lost in the divide between our common languages.

Orstrayan glossary:
    “pissed” – drunk
    “pissed as a fart” – really, really drunk
    “pissed off” – angry
    “taking the piss” – making mock, pulling your leg, stirring the pot

May you long be orstrayan pissed rather than ‘Murrican pissed, Lauren, while you continue to take the piss.

17. July 30, 2006 at 11:09 pm

Especially the one with Zeke! Zeke’s the one with the cigarette and the cell phone.

18. KnifeGhost
    July 30, 2006 at 11:32 pm

tigtog, it’s rough as a Canadian. We use both the American and Commonwealth sense of the word.

19. Pingback: swirlspice
  20. July 31, 2006 at 5:40 pm

So, the rumors are true. Congratulations on your rehabilitation, Citoyenne.

21. July 31, 2006 at 5:53 pm

Is it just me, or are you pissed in the picture?

Wearing pants, a sweater, and a jean jacket (A jean jacket? Where the hell did you find that?) when it’s close to 100 degrees (~305 Kelvins) outside can have that effect.

22. July 31, 2006 at 7:30 pm

Good thing it was about 67 degrees out then.

23. July 31, 2006 at 11:27 pm

Fortunate indeed. That Cobra Weather Dominator can be quite useful.