Shakespeare’s Sister has a righteous post up about how the manufactured “boy crisis” in education and the drive for single-sex classes and teaching boys and girls differently is just a way to reinforce retrograde gender stereotypes while masking the real problem: inadequate educational opportunities for poor kids.
- The Gender Education Achievement Gap: how it used to be, what changed, what “they” say, what researchers say, and the way forward by tigtog March 26, 2013
- Why fix the problem when we can push for a feel-good policy that won’t work? by Sheelzebub October 31, 2006
- Supporting gender-variant children by Jill December 4, 2006
- Take Issue, Take Charge by Lauren September 21, 2005
- What Attracts You? by zuzu August 16, 2006