A Multnomah County deputy who asked several women he stopped in 2004 to either lift their shirt, remove their bra or unzip their pants to search for a “flower tattoo” remains on patrol despite prosecutors’ pleas to keep him off the street.
Don’t worry, ladies, he was suspended without pay for a little while, and has had “corrective action.” And now he’ll be instructing other police officers on how to perform their jobs. Class One: How to convince women you arrest that removing their bras in front of you is part of the booking process.
Good to know that coercing women into removing their clothes, lying to supervisors, and using your job to get you off isn’t a fireable offense for cops in Multnomah County. Oregon’s Finest indeed.
Thanks to Penny for the link.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- HA! by zuzu October 15, 2006
- Shameful by Jill August 20, 2007
- Rape survivor jailed, denied EC by Jill January 30, 2007
- Denist Defends Sexual Assault of Patients as Medical Treatment by Cara April 27, 2009
- Maricopa County Allegedly Fails to Investigate Sexual Assault Cases by Cara May 28, 2009