The same thing that are wrong with the rest of these:
(trigger warning: violence against women)
Women being assaulted and brutalized by police officers. That’s hot.
via Gawker, sent to me by Amanda. I’ve posted a few of the photos on my flickr page, or you can see full scans of them — and glowing comments about how arousing it all is — here. I’m not linking to the Vogue Italia slide show because I see no reason to drive up their traffic. And note that even in the shots where the women are totally empowerful — shooting guns and whatnot — they’re still shooting at pictures of women. And being felt up by men in uniform.
I won’t get into all the obvious commentaries about sex and violence (and how too often, sex = violence in our culture), but I will point out that it’s pretty fucked up when images of women getting hurt are considered sexy enough to sell us shit. I like fashion as much as the next person, but ladies, I think it’s about time we stopped buying things (like Vogue, and the clothes advertised therein) that are marketed by glorifying violence aimed at us.
Dr. Helen (aka Mrs. Instapundit), however, may have these pictures taped on her office walls.
- Snow in July by Jill July 12, 2007
- Gentlemen Prefer Bones by Jill June 21, 2007
- Modern Slavery by Jill March 15, 2007
- Congressional Babes by Jill March 5, 2007
- The forced pregnancy brigade targets rape and incest survivors and women with health complications in Colombia by Jill May 30, 2007