The Conservative View:
Rights for Gays and Lesbians: Bad.
Women’s Rights: Bad.
Except when we want to use gay rights and women’s rights as evidence that Islam is really bad. Then we’ll trumpet our “liberalism” for all its worth.
Let’s review: Conservatives in the United States are working day and night to roll back women’s rights and further limit the rights of gay and lesbian citizens. When some Islamic nations actually succeed at rolling back the rights of women and members of the LGBT community, they are wrong because they did it in the name of Allah instead of in the name of Jesus. They are bad because they are too conservative when it comes to women and teh gays, and we are good because we are very conservative when it comes to women and teh gays. They give very few rights to women and gays, and are therefore bad. We think women and gays should have fewer rights, and are therefore good.
Head spinning yet?
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Another issue for international godbags to bond over by Jill December 4, 2006
- “The Equal Rights Amendment on Steroids” by Jill September 7, 2006
- More Positive SSM News by zuzu December 8, 2006
- Hell Froze Over by Lauren September 3, 2005
- Trans In Iran by Rad Geek February 5, 2005