Jill has been blogging for Feministe since 2005.

1. luolin
    luolin November 8, 2006 at 10:05 pm |

NPR and Air America had women co-hosts, if I recall correctly. I was half asleep, trying not to be optimistic, in case I jinxed the whole turnover.

2. Michael Hussey
    Michael Hussey November 8, 2006 at 10:14 pm |

Matt Yglesias does get chatty. His politics and philosophy theory post can be a strong gust of wind. Nothing against Matt. His philosophy posts do read like this Onion article.

3. Michael Hussey
    Michael Hussey November 8, 2006 at 10:18 pm |

Found the Onion article.

4. elle
    elle November 8, 2006 at 10:45 pm |

oh, and did you hear either the msnbc or cnn crew (i was flipping channels and sleepy) admit that while hillary was talking, they couldn’t help focusing on bill? one of them actually said, “she’d better get used to it.”

5. Penny
    Penny November 8, 2006 at 11:21 pm |

Oh Jeez Louise. On this evening’s news up here in Ontario our supposedly lefty national radio station found time to mention that the husband of the new head of the World Health Organization is also a doctor, but Did Not Even Mention Nancy Pelosi! Shame, CBC!

6. mk
    mk November 8, 2006 at 11:35 pm |

NPR always has female co-hosts. But their experts, like everyone else’s, were pretty much all men.

7. MARes
    MARes November 9, 2006 at 1:18 am |

That was Chris Matthews, elle, and he also said that men don’t respond when women make strong speeches because they always sound shrill. He repeated these words of wisdow about 10 times, too. KO looked at him like he was crazy and finally shot back something like “Well, no man or woman would ever listen to anything you have to say, Chris.”

8. Louise
    Louise November 9, 2006 at 6:33 am |

C-SPAN also had a woman moderator, taking calls- my apologies; I didn’t catch her name. NBC had Andrea Mitchell and Doris Kerns weigh in yesterday, though.

9. elle
    elle November 9, 2006 at 8:51 am |

thanks MARes

10. Soren
    Soren November 9, 2006 at 10:11 am |

I saw a discussion, I forget where, about what Hillary Clinton should do now there is a woman speaker of the house!

Why should she do anything different because of this? Is there only room for one female in the top of the democrat party?

11. Ledasmom
    Ledasmom November 9, 2006 at 10:24 am |

Well, Soren, you just know they’re going to wear the same dress some day, and then the roof will fall in. Or something.

12. Katie
    Katie November 9, 2006 at 12:07 pm |

CBS had a bunch of women — when their coverage started, 3/5 of their experts were female, and I noticed a BUNCH more of their correspondants were female. We watched a lot more of that channel.

13. Regina
    Regina November 9, 2006 at 2:02 pm |

I don’t know if this is too off topic, but did anyone else see Couric’s interview with Pelosi? There was a point when Couric started putting patronizing words in Pelosi’s mouth about how she felt as a female politician (saying that Pelosi considered herself a democrat first and a woman second, or something), and Pelosi had to severely correct her.

14. I Read the Internets - 11/11/06
    I Read the Internets - 11/11/06 November 11, 2006 at 5:22 am |

[…] l of Feministe makes my list for a second time this week, with her post “The Old Boys’ TV Club,” about a gender imbalance she saw in the report […]