How did I miss this? Jane Hodgson, an incredible reproductive freedom activist and a doctor once convicted of performing illegal abortions in the pre-Roe days, died a few days ago. After Roe, she continued to work in reproductive health, making the 150-mile trip from St. Paul, Minnesota to Duluth in order to continue performing abortions in an understaffed area. I’m personally grateful for her strength, her vision, and her courage. She will be missed.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Marry Me, Eliot by Jill February 9, 2006
- Thinking About Parental Consent by Jill September 18, 2006
- Are We Inadvertently Conceding Moral Ground? The Importance of Language Choices in the Reproductive Justice Movement by Guest Blogger March 10, 2014
- Choice Words by Jill June 29, 2006
- “Blind Lawyer” jailed in China by Jill August 25, 2006