Jill has been blogging for Feministe since 2005.

1. Roxanne
    Roxanne January 30, 2007 at 10:00 pm |

I’m so proud of Amanda. I’ve been grinning for days.

2. Hugo
    Hugo January 30, 2007 at 10:01 pm |

That’s a heckuva all-star group indeed. I’m still on board for Dennis Kucinich, mind, but Amanda’s decision to commit so much to the Edwards campaign has raised him more than a few pegs in my estimation.

3. mk
    mk January 31, 2007 at 1:56 pm |

I’d love to see a female president who didn’t endorse the war in Iraq. But that’s just me.

4. Jeff Fecke
    Jeff Fecke January 31, 2007 at 2:31 pm |

Frankly, aside from Hillary’s squishiness on Iraq, I’d also like to see the presidency move outside of two families sometime in this quarter-century. A Bush or a Clinton has been on every presidential ticket for twenty-four years. We don’t need to make it twenty-eight.

As for a woman president, perhaps after Edwards’ eight years are up, Vice President Sebelius can make a run.

(And this does help Edwards in my book, because he obviously can recognize talent.)

5. Karla
    Karla January 31, 2007 at 2:55 pm |

As much as I dislike the idea of dynasties in general, I don’t think it’s fair to count Bush’s and Shrub’s “two turns” (twenty years total as of the end of Shrub’s second term) against Hillary when there’s been only one eight-year Clinton “turn.” I’m all for the argument as soon as it’s even (by either the turn or total year definition.)

(FWIW, I’ve been leaning towards giving Edwards my vote in the primary since he put his hat in the ring.)

6. Karla
    Karla January 31, 2007 at 3:05 pm |

Ooh, that period should be outside the parenthesis at the end of the first paragraph in my previous post.

Also, one point frequently missing from the conversation about Hillary is that one could argue that she put her own aspirations aside for a long time to help Bill with his. Because it’s hard to know how far she could have gone on her own if she had not done that (I read somewhere that she would have been a top candidate for attorney general in Bill’s administration if not for the appearance of nepotism), it’s hard to begrudge her entirely for advantages attached to being a former first lady, etc.

7. Roxanne
    Roxanne January 31, 2007 at 9:36 pm |

BTW: It looks like Shakespeare’s Sister was picked up by the Edwards campaign as well. She’ll be serving as netroots coordinator.