Braless No More

I start my new job Monday. Probably will have limited posting time, but fortunately, Jill’s pretty damn prolific these days.

I’ll be doing essentially the same thing I was doing before, but downtown (so a much shorter commute) and with actual opportunities for advancement.

In the meantime, I’m allegedly getting my final paycheck, two weeks late. We’ll see.

21 comments for “Braless No More

1. February 9, 2007 at 12:49 am

Congratulations on getting another job so quickly!

Not that it’s any of my/our business, but is this more of a public interest thang, or are you still doing more or less corporate contract work (if that’s a correct description of what you were doing before).

2. February 9, 2007 at 1:51 am

Congratulations on the need to return to supportive undergarments, congrats on the shorter commute!

3. February 9, 2007 at 3:22 am

Wow that was the shortest unemplyment ever! I wish I had Skillz.

4. February 9, 2007 at 6:20 am

Woo hoo! The mojo worked!

5. February 9, 2007 at 6:58 am

Congratulations!

6. February 9, 2007 at 8:52 am

Hurrah! Congratulations, zuzu!

7. February 9, 2007 at 8:57 am

Congratulations! I’m hoping to join the ranks of the employed again soon myself.

8. zuzu
    February 9, 2007 at 9:01 am

Thanks! It is quite a relief.

It’s still doing corporate contract stuff. I needed a job right away, and the opportunity presented itself.

What’s good, though, is I’ll be getting a lot of trial experience in this job, so should I decide to go into public interest law in a few years, I can hit the ground running with those skills. And, you know, find just the right opportunity rather than just take a job.

Also, I realized that my resume was a little light on recent public-interest type stuff. Meaning, I should be a little more active in some of the more interesting subcommittees of the City Bar and stuff like that (the ABCNY is very active in challenging the Gitmo detentions, for instance) and stuff like that.

9. micheyd
    February 9, 2007 at 9:07 am

Hurray!

If this week has taught me anything, it’s how much one can feel for your favorite bloggers (who you don’t even really know).

10. February 9, 2007 at 9:22 am

Congratulations!

Also, wtf?! Stryper, Ron Jeremy, and Christian pro wrestling – it’s like the turducken of religious right agitprop.

11. Frumious B
    February 9, 2007 at 10:16 am

damn, woman, that was really fast, and you didn’t even have to move. you must be really good. congrats.

12. Kristen from MA
    February 9, 2007 at 10:41 am

congrats zuzu! and hi! to junebug.

13. Caja
    February 9, 2007 at 11:28 am

Condolences on the bra, but congratulations on the reason!

14. Chicklet
    February 9, 2007 at 12:04 pm

Congrats, zuzu! I hope it’s a great experience for you!

15. Tara
    February 9, 2007 at 1:16 pm

Very cool. And stress-reducing! This sounds like a great opportunity. You have a vision of what you want to do in a few years, and this job is a big step getting there. Have a drink, or more, to celebrate!

16. Betsy
    February 9, 2007 at 2:26 pm

nicely done.
    Too bad about the bra, though.

17. February 9, 2007 at 8:38 pm

Congratulations, zuzu. Best of luck at the new place.

18. February 9, 2007 at 9:43 pm

Re: your job, congratulations.

Re: your bra, while I have no stake in the matter, condolences, I guess.

19. February 9, 2007 at 11:21 pm

That all sounds interesting. Incidentally, as someone who has more or less lived in poverty all his adult life, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with making money a priority in a job search. Not that you’re necessarily abashed about the corporate work, but just throwing it out there. Sometimes, strange as it sounds, money is underrated.

The trial experience sounds great. Will you blog about it at all, or does that need to stay private? My uncle is actually a very successful corporate lawyer in DC, and it’s funny to hear how cynical and derisive he is of juries.

20. zuzu
    February 10, 2007 at 12:05 am

Oh, believe me, if money were my number one priority, I’d have never left the Evil Empire. I’d be making easily twice, if not three times, what I make now.

I make decent money for the rest of the world, but not necessarily for an attorney.

21. Radalan
    February 11, 2007 at 1:59 pm

Zuzu, I’m a bit late to the party with this, but congratulations on your new gig, even if it’s “just” contract. Un- and underemployment for me has always been a time of gnawing worry, so I can certainly appreciate it when you say that this new work is “quite a relief.”