Call for Suggestions

Tigtog’s put up a link for an open suggestions thread at Finally, a Feminist 101 Blog.

Got a troll asking you disingenuous or stupid questions and don’t know where to tell them to go (other than hell, of course)? Drop on by the open suggestion thread and make a suggestion for a post to which you can later refer trolls (or the genuinely clueless). With a sweet smile and a suggestion to come back once they’ve covered the first-year course material.

Or, a suggestion to cram it. Your choice.

11 comments for “Call for Suggestions

1. March 12, 2007 at 4:57 pm

zuzu, you rock like a giant rocking thing.

2. March 12, 2007 at 7:39 pm

I’m definitely putting this on the blogroll. Good stuff!

If it’s not totally gauche, I’d like to mention that I’ve recently started a blog by/for feminist gamers. Moira and O’Danu are co-blogging with me. :)

3. elaine
    March 12, 2007 at 8:55 pm

LOL, from Americablog:

Ann Coulter and Fox News: as hateful as they are inaccurate.

4. Rhiannon
    March 13, 2007 at 6:50 am

ooooh… I’m a feminist gamer!! I’m gonna read the blog now.

5. March 13, 2007 at 9:02 am

Zuzu kicks ass, example 232,444.

6. March 13, 2007 at 9:30 am

Seems to be a blog slanted toward the academic feminists. What about the blue collar feminists? Or don’t we exist?

7. bmc90
    March 13, 2007 at 9:37 am

Could you please blog Catlin Flannagan’s article in Atlantic this month because it is making me want to put my own eyes out with red hot pokers.

8. zuzu
    March 13, 2007 at 9:49 am

Why don’t you drop a suggestion in the box and see what happens? It’s brand-new, after all.

9. March 13, 2007 at 11:00 am

I see they quote somebody who bashes me but don’t show my side of it. I’m not sure how much trust I have for that kind of environment.

10. zuzu
    March 13, 2007 at 11:03 am

Suit yourself.

11. March 14, 2007 at 10:43 pm

ginmar, as I said over at FF101, I’m perfectly happy to link to you in response on the race/class/gender conflicts in feminism. The link to someone who has a very contrary view to you was, after all, in the fighting-feminists section. The fact that that post was criticising other feminists was the point of its inclusion.

Most of the links I’m including are ones that come up high on search engines or are suggested by people on FF101 itself – I don’t have time to read your whole blog for the relevant posts.

Same with blue-collar feminist links, and posts about women in the military: please feed the FAQ with links to such posts/organisations! I’m trying to make it not just representative of Western academic feminist theory, but when just starting out that’s the stuff that’s easiest to find.

Also if I don’t respond to suggestions/criticism within a few hours it’s because I’m probably asleep. Timezones etc.