Created by Exhale, a fantastic non-judgmental after-abortion counseling organization. This isn’t one of those “Repent, Sinner!” abortion groups, or even an organization which assumes that all women are “hurt” by abortion. Exhale recognizes that the choice to have an abortion is often a complex one, and that there are many women who feel… something afterwards, but who don’t necessarily want the guilt or the moralizing that religious after-abortion organizations focus on. It’s a great organization, and while e-cards are in general a little bit trite, at least this gives friends and family members some way to extend well-wishes to the women they care about. And the cards themselves recognize the diversity of women who use Exhale’s services — women who feel no regret, women who are religious, women who feel that abortion is a loss, etc. Any recognition that women who terminate pregnancies are diverse individuals with differing needs, wants and reactions is, in my book, a good thing.
Although, I’ll admit, I never thought I’d see the “after-abortion e-card.” How long until Hallmark catches on?
- Troubled Waters: Women on Waves Faces Many Challenges by Audacia Ray July 28, 2009
- More on Conley and Spousal Consent by Jill December 2, 2005
- Abortion Rights in Mexico by Jill April 15, 2007
- A Question for Pro-Lifers by Jill July 31, 2007
- Call for Abortion Stories by Jill October 3, 2005