Chocolate Jesus

Terrance is a man after my own heart. Chocolate, mockery of religious zealots, and Tom Waits — does it get any better than this?

(Answer: No, no it does not).

14 comments for “Chocolate Jesus

1. April 2, 2007 at 2:31 pm

The most disturbing aspect of the chocolate Jesus sculpture, is the hairless pubis in my opinion. Somehow, I can’t imagine Jesus shaving or waxing. (But then again, I find pubic shaving to be a rather sick form of fashion torture.)

2. April 2, 2007 at 2:32 pm

Yeah, he should have just used coconut shavings for pubes.

3. April 2, 2007 at 2:51 pm

Jeff, that would’ve looked beyond weird – so thanks for the hilarious mental image. Jesus didn’t live to be old enough to have white pubic hairs, no matter his race ;)

4. April 2, 2007 at 2:52 pm

Wait, I dunno, do pubes go gray? I haven’t had occasion to find that one out yet.

5. April 2, 2007 at 2:58 pm

I don’t know, I know I wouldn’t want to eat candied pubes.

I still don’t get why this is so offensive. I mean, God forbid there be a sculpture of your savior in a meduim everyone enjoys. I guess it could be the whole “eating Jesus” risk, but hello? Communion.

6. April 2, 2007 at 3:00 pm

I’m prematurely getting the, “Jack Kirby middle-aged man” grey hair on the temples, but don’t seem to be getting grey hair elsewhere.

7. R. Mildred
    April 2, 2007 at 3:11 pm

Somehow, I can’t imagine Jesus shaving or waxing.

He was nailed to a cross – what was he gonna do, karate chop any young vandals who went about shaving the crucified? And they were probably his own disciples, collecting some messianic cornflake sprinkles.

His blood could turn people who were blind into seers, ergo his pubes must have had some serious mojo attached to htem, probably one of his early girlfreinds ended up with invincible teeth or the ability to fly after a slightly over-enthusiastic blowjob.

8. Alex
    April 2, 2007 at 3:29 pm

I would just like to anounce that if there is a hell, I will save all of you a seat.

9. April 2, 2007 at 3:33 pm

Hey, isn’t there enough of Jesus’s foreskin lying around in various shrines to make a revival tent?

10. April 2, 2007 at 3:39 pm

I’m with you Krystel . . . Silly Billy Donahue got a twitter over . . . a well-done rendition of Jesus that is also possibly a commentary on the over-commercialization of Christianity’s most holy day?

Donahue makes me ill – there’s so much more for a Catholic to have moral outrage at (poverty, the death penalty, etc) than religious art.

11. Frumious B
    April 2, 2007 at 4:45 pm

do pubes go gray?

Yes, they do. The level of gray probably varies from individual to individual.

12. car
    April 2, 2007 at 5:36 pm

And in some people, those are what go gray first.

13. April 2, 2007 at 7:30 pm

*laughs, shamelessly*

14. False Flag Operative
    April 2, 2007 at 9:28 pm

Chocolate Jesus? This is so funny that I can’t stop laughing and I thought this was against the 10 commandments. Oh well, I enjoyed a good laugh! XD