The state senate passed the Compassionate Care Bill — the law that would require emergency rooms to offer emergency contraception to rape survivors — by a huge margin of 32 to 3. Connecticut Local Politics has much, much more, so check out the post over there. And cross your fingers that the bill passes this year.
- Helpful Maps For Rape Victims in Joe Lieberman’s Connecticut by zuzu May 5, 2006
- Shocker: Anti-Choicers Lie. by Jill September 20, 2007
- The Nutmeg State Does Right by Women by bean May 17, 2007
- CT Rep. Speaks Out About Her Rape by Jill March 16, 2007
- Rape survivor jailed, denied EC by Jill January 30, 2007