A barrister provoked outrage yesterday by claiming that the victim of an alleged gang rape was so fat she would have been ‘glad of the attention’.
Sheilagh Davies, defending one of three boys accused of raping two girls, said the 16-year-old girl had ‘slimmed down a lot’ since the alleged attack.
She told Inner London Crown Court: ‘She was 12st 6lb – not quite the swan she may turn into. She may well have been glad of the attention.
…which is exactly why she accused them of rape. Right.
I don’t know quite what to say about this one. Sometimes there aren’t really words. Stories like this make me embarassed to be human.
Thanks to Little Cabbage for the link.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Naomi Wolf: Assange captured by the “dating police” by Jill December 8, 2010
- Trial for soldier accused of raping and killing a 14-year-old Iraqi girl by Jill May 6, 2009
- Naming by Jill June 20, 2007
- You know you’re kind of a jerk when you write a blog post basically mocking rape survivors. by Jill April 13, 2010
- When is rape at gunpoint not rape? When it’s “theft of services.” by zuzu October 16, 2007