A little Girl Talk is always good for Friday.
And, because I forgot to mention it when I got back, thanks to Ezra and Julian for showing me a lovely time in DC last weekend during the few hours I was able to escape familial obligations. Happy birthday to Matthew Ygelsias, who I also had the pleasure to meet, along with Ann, Kate, Garance, Chris (who you can blame for the above video, as he reignited my lapsed love of Girl Talk) the whole TAPPED crew, and others who I am forgetting because it’s 1am on Friday and my brain is fried. Congrats also to TAPPED for their Sidney Hillman Prize, and to Feministing for their Choice USA award.
On to the FRT:
1. Bonny Billy – Strange Things
2. The Mountain Goats – Jenny
3. Etta Jones & Strings – If You Were Mine
4. Rhett Miller – Your Nervous Heart
5. Tom Waits – Big Black Mariah
6. Van Morrison – It Stoned Me
7. The Rolling Stones – Let’s Spend the Night Together
8. Beth Orton – Ooh Child
9. Jodeci – Freak’n You
10. Chris Garneau – Castle Time
And an old favorite, just because:
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Friday Random Ten – The “I’m Back” Edition by Jill March 24, 2006