Lauren founded this blog in 2001.

1. Mary
    Mary May 30, 2007 at 8:31 pm |

Those poor little bunnies. Adorable, though. Scooby is all “Whaaaaaaat?” My kitty catches baby bunnies and carries them around. He just presents them to me and lets them go. Same thing with birds. The other kitty isn’t quite so kind…

2. Mnemosyne
    Mnemosyne May 30, 2007 at 9:03 pm |

Biting seems to be a pretty integral part of kitties grooming each other, at least from what I’ve observed. Must have something to do with getting fleas off or something.

At least, that’s what Keaton thinks.

3. SJ
    SJ May 30, 2007 at 9:19 pm |

Poor Scooby! That’s be like if someone put Phad Thai all over my dirty pillows and then said, “No bite!” I’d be nutty, I tells ya.

4. Sycorax
    Sycorax May 30, 2007 at 10:09 pm |

Yeah, to me those look like grooming/love bites. I get ‘em all the time. Of course, in this house the “Hold still so I can lick you” bite usually ends up segue-ing into the “Hold still for I MUST KILL YOUR HAND!” But Scooby seems fairly mellow.

5. Lauren
    Lauren May 30, 2007 at 10:11 pm |

I’m going to SHOVE YOUR BABIES IN YOUR FACE and I will PUNISH YOU WHEN YOU BITE THEM.

6. zuzu
    zuzu May 30, 2007 at 10:15 pm |

Lady, what do you expect when you shove tender young baby bunnies into the arms of a predator?

7. jeffaclitus
    jeffaclitus May 30, 2007 at 10:24 pm |

Like I said at Faux Real Tho, maybe if she weren’t trying to smother him with the effing bunnies, he wouldn’t bite them. It’s like in The Godfather II, when Michael has the creepy looking old guy dressed all in black following him around Havana. Then, at the end of the movie, he goes into a hospital to kill someone (Hyman Roth, right?), and he just tries to smother him with a pillow. This is your crack assassin? Then, when the police come in and pull their guns, he holds up the pillow, like it’s going to protect him from their bullets! What the hell?

8. Linnaeus
    Linnaeus May 30, 2007 at 10:42 pm |

Yes, it was Hyman Roth.

9. Peanutcat
    Peanutcat May 31, 2007 at 12:28 pm |

But bunnies are so tasty!

10. norbizness
    norbizness May 31, 2007 at 12:58 pm |

If that were Merle, you would have needed a SWAT team with multiple tasers to pull him off those bunnies, not a tepid swat on the nose.

11. Chicklet
    Chicklet May 31, 2007 at 1:52 pm |

Scooby snacks!

12. philosophizer
    philosophizer May 31, 2007 at 3:20 pm |

that cat totally thinks the bunnies are his/her kittens. That’s grooming behavior, not attacking. I think I remember my friend with the show bunnies telling me that bunnies groom each other and play somewhat similarly, and note that the buns aren’t afraid or trying to run away, nor are they squeaking or frozen in place.

13. Danyell
    Danyell May 31, 2007 at 4:37 pm |

I’ve seen this before over at cuteoverload.com

I hate the women in this video. Keeps putting the bunnies on its face and all-Just to make a cute video for her friends? She should have just taken a picture. Maybe the cat just nibbles on the one to get her to stop! So annoying!

14. Shinobi
    Shinobi May 31, 2007 at 5:22 pm |

Yeah I so get nibbled in a similar manner every morning. Except y’know, I’m 6′ tall and lack the fuzzy ears that make this video so adorable.

Is it bad that part of me kindof hoped Scooby would go for her hand?

15. hipparchia
    hipparchia June 1, 2007 at 1:21 am |

philosophizer’s right about the grooming behavior, and i’d add that some of it even looks like play behavior. those bunnies look like they’re about the age that kittens are when their moms start playing with them.

poor scooby, with such a stupid owner.

16. Donna
    Donna June 1, 2007 at 5:11 am |

Is he trying to grab them by the scruff of the neck? And why the hell is the woman saying, “did you have puppies?” Kittens, bunnies, okay, but puppies?!

17. belledame222
    belledame222 June 3, 2007 at 12:30 pm |

I’d like to see Godfather 2 re-enacted with bunnies.