Jewelry for Nerds

Seeing these pairs of earrings makes me wish I hadn’t stretched my earlobes to 8 gauge rings I can’t remove by myself. That said, nothing beats Chef’s ears.

via Chaos Theory (If you haven’t noticed, I get half my weird and interesting links from Jennifer, so if you want to cut me out of the middle I suggest you cruise over to her blog where she aggregates cool links from all over the place all day. I’ve been cribbing off her for a couple of years so it’s about time I offer a shout-out.)

10 comments for “Jewelry for Nerds

1. SJ
    May 31, 2007 at 10:52 pm

You could always do that thing where you put grommets in and then put the earrings in. I have seen that executed successfully.

Were they stretched that much last summer? Because I don’t remember that.

2. May 31, 2007 at 10:58 pm

I’ve done the eyelet/ear wire thing with really girly dangly earrings. It works pretty well.

3. June 1, 2007 at 1:29 pm

Aww, thanks!

Those ear stretching things freak me the hell out, but I know a few people IRL who make borosilicate glass earrings and wear them- for which you do have to stretch your holes. Their earrings are so cute they almost kind of tempt me to do it. Then again…yeah, it does kind of mean your options are limited for wearing non-boro earrings.

4. June 1, 2007 at 1:38 pm

I got my book nerd husband some typewriter key cufflinks for our wedding last year. I out-nerd you all!

(I also got him a video iPod, but was careful to give it to him after we had sex. Which was the right call, because he spent the rest of the night playing with it. )

5. Laurie
    June 1, 2007 at 5:55 pm

Oh, those earrings ROCK! I may have to pick up a pair! :)

6. Melissa M.
    June 1, 2007 at 8:35 pm

I really like the periodic table earrings. They are nerd-alicious. :)

7. June 1, 2007 at 8:48 pm

I am soooo tempted to buy a Help key necklace. I write software help professionally… XD

8. June 2, 2007 at 11:22 am

Got ’em!

It would’ve been impossible for me to resist.

And now I can make jokes like, “I have to remember to put the right one in each ear, or else my head won’t validate, and I hate when that happens.”

9. louise
    June 3, 2007 at 7:51 pm

OUCH…looks like you could successfully hang Christmas lights from those holes, kinda like sticking the bulb out from the back like a Lite Brite!

Or has it already been done?

10. louise
    June 3, 2007 at 8:39 pm

Mnemosyne, those are FAB!! Am getting a pair for our 15th anniversary this fall; Charlie wears French cuffs alot and really nice cufflinks are hard to find up here on Canadian border…